zakbad16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
i have been doing higher science for 3 years but i my teacher is making me do foundation for mocks however i want to do level 3 btec in applied science and i need a grade 6:5 can i tell my teacher to change me to higher i am in set 2 btw so i almost covered all the content so can i change to higher? i am learning higher content so if i bring my parents in will i be able to change
Last edited by zakbad16; 6 months ago
bambi1425
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
you can ask her to change you over yes, whether she agrees to is another matter
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Why has she put you in for Foundation? Presumably it's because she thinks it's your best chance of the best grade. If you want to go back to Higher Tier then you need to put the work in to justify it.
zakbad16
Rep:
?
i do work hard tho she says that i understand science but i did not do good in the test because lockdown happened and i missed skl so i got bad how can i persuade her without doing test pls i need to know cuz i want a grade 6;5 pls i neeeeeeeed help can i force her to change it
bambi1425
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zakbad16)
i do work hard tho she says that i understand science but i did not do good in the test because lockdown happened and i missed skl so i got bad how can i persuade her without doing test pls i need to know cuz i want a grade 6;5 pls i neeeeeeeed help can i force her to change it
what did you get before lockdown? you'll need evidence of having caught up with the content you didn't get right on the test. you need to talk to her and can't force her to change it, just prove why she should change it
zakbad16
Rep:
?
i could change because i know most of the content everyone in my year missed the content and did bad could she change it if i talk to her and tell her what grade i want
zakbad16
Rep:
?
i am in set 2 and have been doing it since yr 9 i know my teavher wants me to do foundation to find it easier but i want to do higher so i can do a science a level
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by zakbad16)
i am in set 2 and have been doing it since yr 9 i know my teavher wants me to do foundation to find it easier but i want to do higher so i can do a science a level
Taking Higher tier does not get you a better grade, you need to do well enough to get one. Except for a small safety net to get a 3, if you miss a 4 in Higher tier you get a U. Your teacher wants to put you in Foundation because she thinks it is your best chance of a good grade. You need to work hard so that you can show that your best chance of getting the best grade is by taking Higher. It's not in your interests to change unless this is true.
cleveranimal56
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm not sure about the process involved, but you should ask to change if you feel like you would be able to score better in higher. Explain to your teacher that foundation might be too low for you and your future ambitions.
zakbad16
Rep:
?
thank you everyone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (126)
41.58%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.22%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.92%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.11%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.27%

Watched Threads