The Student Room Group

ACA BPT Dec 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ACAgony
Q1 I felt like there was so much to put, def spent too much time on all the overseas and avoidance bits. Also the bankrupt daughter in Q2 threw me - did they want us to talk about a trust? I wasn’t sure and didn’t want to waste time, so just put a quick sentence about it in the end :/

I don't know about the bankrupt part but the question did say that she was immobile.. or infirm.. think that related to GWROB. exceptions to GWROB is when the relative is unable to take care of themselves or smth. I didn't comment on it though.. I just put GWROB.. too much to talk about and too little time..totally forgot about that point. prob lost marks for not commenting.
Original post by Akb123aca
I would say so... I have heard of so many people who missed out half of questions or even a bit more and still scraped passes. Not 100% though

that's good.. fingers crossed
Original post by acastudent2020
I don't know about the bankrupt part but the question did say that she was immobile.. or infirm.. think that related to GWROB. exceptions to GWROB is when the relative is unable to take care of themselves or smth. I didn't comment on it though.. I just put GWROB.. too much to talk about and too little time..totally forgot about that point. prob lost marks for not commenting.

Oh, I completely forgot about the immobile part. Just wrote about standard GWROB point, too. Not enough time to look up the exceptions 😅
Original post by Akb123aca
I didn’t understand the Bankruptcy statement.. if anyone knows please let me know.

Also I had the CFC in my head for The first company in the first Q but totally forgot to write about it. I also tabbed up a model answer for Q3 it was Q62 and didn’t use it ffs! Was kicking myself.

I think they had DOTAS considerations for Q3 as well which was time pressured. Literally finished with 1 second left. Never felt that time pressured ever.

I think bankruptcy (and rehab I think?) was to do with her not being able to manage money and having a dependency. I said she should have a trust (discretionary or another one don’t remember which) and her brother be a trustee. But not for tax reasons.
Original post by kkrpk96
It was messed up. In my exam room there were so many people, I barely had any space for my open book/folder so had to use the floor and my knees. There was also a projector beaming light right into my face which was horrible. Exam itself was not standard and I just kept writing mostly out of memory but what I remember writing the most about was:Q1. CFCs mostly and some stuff on transfer pricing and also how UK doesn’t care about servers Q2. I think this was the IHT one. I wrote mostly about CGT and IHT consequences of gifts (though not too much detail) and then I recommended that the one who is ill gifts to the spouse who can then gift to kids. And I also mentioned about the daughter that she should have a trust and GWRB. Q3 - did only the calculation for sole trader. Said they should put it all on the one with lower salary if they don’t care who runs it and put points about incorporation vs sole trader and some on liner about properties and cash basis. Also very briefly mentioned DOTAS on the stamp duty thing but not sure if the hallmark I picked was correct. Overall super time pressured, I couldn’t remember any of their names and kept saying husband and wife only later realising it was two wives 🤦🏼*♀️

ahh.. I screwed up qn3 I think. I did some SDLT calculations then talked a bit about VAT, listed out points on TOGC and CGS and brought in some IHT. Dunno if any of it is relevant and should be included. :frown: Yeah for ethics it was DOTAS and I identified one of the hallmarks too.. dunno if it is accurate.
ahh.. I screwed up qn3 I think. I did some SDLT calculations then talked a bit about VAT, listed out points on TOGC and CGS and brought in some IHT. Dunno if any of it is relevant and should be included. :frown: Yeah for ethics it was DOTAS and I identified one of the hallmarks too.. dunno if it is accurate.

Ah yes i think I did some SDLT calc, too. The VAT thing sounds legit, though I don’t think I talked about that at all, oops.
I found the exam so hard and very time pressured! Do you think this sitting was harder than the previous ones? Based on the question bank I would say so! Particularly as I think there are only two property business questions in the QB. Also, does anyone know when results day is because I can't seem to find it online! 15th Jan?
Reply 27
Original post by charlotte505
I found the exam so hard and very time pressured! Do you think this sitting was harder than the previous ones? Based on the question bank I would say so! Particularly as I think there are only two property business questions in the QB. Also, does anyone know when results day is because I can't seem to find it online! 15th Jan?

i think Jan 22nd! best of luck!!
How did everyone do?
How did everyone do?

I passed with 56 - was so sure I’d failed as well! Hope everyone else managed to scrap a pass x
scraped through as well.. 60.. but a pass is a pass! relieved
Reply 31
somehow managed 75!! no clue how

How did everyone do?
Original post by nik1998
somehow managed 75!! no clue how

amazing congrats!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending