Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ^^

This question haunts the inner workings of my brain because i was told that it helped my friend finally tell me how he felt about me.

>>>>Then last night, i met a guy who gave me some really nice compliments - we had a nice quiet chat on a bench outside, and later when i told him to talk to his friends he even broke away to offer to walk me and my mate home. Also throughout the night he even acknowledged me from across the room. Later, when his legs started to give way..etc (drunk) he became somewhat sleezy and offered his bed but i declined because of his state.

Tonight, he acknowledged me (but i was sort-of ignoring him because i assumed he wouldn't remember, and he did say he didn't remember much), but when i was leaving, i turned round to see him staring at me from the other side of the corridor...so i became confused.

- does everyone forget their drunken experiences?
    - do you show your real feelings, or is it all beer-goggles?
    - is there any chance this guy could be for real?

Again.. thankies for anyone taking time to read this...i've discovered that going to uni has seemed to open up my life to all these male-orientated events so suddenly...seriously girls - watch men at uni lol..

All help is truly appreciated - I have a serious lack of experience with males..

glo xxx

ReputationRep:
    Well they say a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

ReputationRep:
    I tend to wildly exaggerate any opinions I may have and suddenly become very open about my sex life. I'm sure it entertains the people around, but only in a bad way.

ReputationRep:
    it certainly makes me make my true feelings at that time known.
    it always tends to bite me in the ass, and i end up regretting it once sober, but for that brief period after venting your emotions, you feel on top of the world :yy:
    i like that feeling

ReputationRep:
    id give this guy a chance
    alcohol tends to turn all guys into pricks, but sober he's probably an alright guy
    go4it

ReputationRep:
    It turns me into an exaggerated version of myself. I seem to flirt with anyone and anything... Sober, I'm not a ****!

ReputationRep:
    alcohol makes me more confident.
    may have to start having a couple of pints for breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly yeh. but not in all cases.

erm people normally angers does too right?

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, being drunk lowers my standards, but if I really like a girl, it'll just make me like her a lot more, so it's a tough one really. It's certain that he didn't find you repulsive - I don't think being drunk lowers standards stupid amounts, so it might be worth pursuing if you're into him. Ask him out for a drink or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frannnnn)
    may have to start having a couple of pints for breakfast.
    You mean before breakfast...

Vodkaflakes should be your main breakfast.

About the drunk thoughts, it's total rubbish. A little bit does give you an edge (i tend to be sarcastic and often try and fail to be funny and perhaps more forward around girls i might fancy) but I'm convinced if you're totally lashed anything that you say can pretty much be discarded as rubbish.

If he couldn't walk he was probably fairly full. I certainly wouldn't take those words as gospel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    You mean before breakfast...
    Vodkaflakes should be your main breakfast.
    whiskey in my tea before you know it, thanks for the idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frannnnn)
    whiskey in my tea before you know it, thanks for the idea!
    Not strong enough.. an Irish coffee should do the trick though.. (v. high volume whiskey in coffee).

Before you know it, you're day will be ending 10 minutes after it began.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    Not strong enough.. an Irish coffee should do the trick though.. (v. high volume whiskey in coffee).

Before you know it, you're day will be ending 10 minutes after it began.. :p:
    ahh don't worry i'm no stranger to irish coffees... my ma and pa are irish.

ReputationRep:
    good stuff... where abouts?

would that not make you irish btw? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I remember most of it anyway, so yeah. It enhances your feelings at the time.

ReputationRep:
    its true!!

ReputationRep:
    mmhm, i was talking to a girl who was a bit drunk the other day and she was telling me 'azeem your fab your awesome azeem' blah blah. i felt good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasta)
    Generally speaking, being drunk lowers my standards, but if I really like a girl, it'll just make me like her a lot more, so it's a tough one really. It's certain that he didn't find you repulsive - I don't think being drunk lowers standards stupid amounts, so it might be worth pursuing if you're into him. Ask him out for a drink or something!
    i'll look into this 'cause it sounds intriguing, but like all other suggestions (drinking makes me quite confident) so i'm gonna have to have some dutch courage before i try that lol...

thanks for that

glo xxx

ReputationRep:
    i get more... obvious in how i feel about people when im drunk, and i'll often end up telling people everything about me - not that they might necessarily want to know about it all.

I'm normally a bit... careful with when i flirt with people, but i met my current boyfriend when i was drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wwwAZEEMBEATBOXcom)
    mmhm, i was talking to a girl who was a bit drunk the other day and she was telling me 'azeem your fab your awesome azeem' blah blah. i felt good
    yeah it was like that with him, but it was more like 'you're so out of my league' and 'you're the most down to earth girl i've met here'...and his attitude to our conversation - as we sat talking he was holding my hand and as soon as he thought i said i had a boyfriend (i was talking about my mates') he dropped my hand (he had been cheated on prevously and hates people who do it)...

i will totally agree that it does make you feel good...but then there's the alcohol which could make it a lie...

thankies

glo xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.