The Student Room Group

dropping a subject after getting offers

I have 2 offers asking for aaa including maths and physics/chemistry. I checked the final timetable for 2021 exams and found that two of my exams are scheduled to start at the same time. As my centre has NOTHING to do with an exam clash normally and there is an extra surcharge equivalent to £96 in order to have extra invigilation, I am thinking of dropping Chinese while focusing on the Physics exam on that day, as well as Maths and Chemistry.
I have included all 4 subjects on ucas form, and I am going to notify both UCAS and all my choices. Is this correct?
Original post by 8013
I have 2 offers asking for aaa including maths and physics/chemistry. I checked the final timetable for 2021 exams and found that two of my exams are scheduled to start at the same time. As my centre has NOTHING to do with an exam clash normally and there is an extra surcharge equivalent to £96 in order to have extra invigilation, I am thinking of dropping Chinese while focusing on the Physics exam on that day, as well as Maths and Chemistry.
I have included all 4 subjects on ucas form, and I am going to notify both UCAS and all my choices. Is this correct?

Yes. The unis which have made you offers will let you know if this is permissable. In the majority of cases, dropping a fourth subject not specified in an offer is not a problem, (and is indeed quite sensible).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending