The Student Room Group

History help me

Can anyone tell me if my answer would be 10 marks:

the question was "Why was radical reconstruction introduced?"

i answered:

Radical republicans disagreed with Johnson's reconstruction plans and wanted to impose a harsher plan on the south. One reason radical reconstruction was introduced was to allow black suffrage and total emancipation, because if blacks were entitled to vote they would surely vote republican and this ensured that once Southern states were back with the union the democrats wouldn't be a major threat and republican ascendancy would remain. Another reason radical reconstruction was introduced was because radical republicans believed that more punitive measures should be taken against Southern states, measures such as not allowing legal governments in any ex-confederate states(except Tennessee), the 10 unreconstructed Southern states would be divided into 5 military districts, and finally to get back into the union Southern states had to elect constitutional conventions which would accept black suffrage and ratify the 14th amendment. All of these measures were applied by the radical republicans in their construction act, and they're a reason radical reconstruction was introduced.

this is an A level history 10 mark question , would I get 10 marks for my answer?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest