Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What brand/ type of hot chocolate does everyone like?

I'm really fussy with mine and tend not to like the powdered stuff. At the moment I like Charbonnel et Walker but it is tres expensive and so am looking for alternatives!

ReputationRep:
    Not really hot chocolate more hot cocoa, but here's what I do:

Get green and black's cocoa powder
    Warm a mugs worth of milk
    Stir a spoonful of cocoa powder with 3 of sugar and a little cold milk (just to mix it up)
    Add heated milk

I prefer it over any of the other hot chocolates I've found.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is 'Moment du Chocolat' it's made with real Belgian chocolate and comes with marshmallows. You just heat it up in the microwave and the carton doesn't burn your fingers. The only downside it's a bit expensive.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite when it comes to really cheap hot chocolate is the "hot cocoa" you can get in Lidl at £1.09 for the tub of just add water powder which tastes fairly like sweet cocoa when you make it up

ReputationRep:
    my current fav atm is the options white chocolate. its soooo nice :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echolife)
    My favourite is 'Moment du Chocolat' it's made with real Belgian chocolate and comes with marshmallows. You just heat it up in the microwave and the carton doesn't burn your fingers. The only downside it's a bit expensive.
    Yes yes yes. This.

milk, melted chocolate and cocca powder make a pretty good hot chocolate quite cheaply however it is time consuming and a bit messy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I mix three tsp of Cadbury's and one of Green and Blacks with milk that's been heated for 1 min 43 secs, yum.

ReputationRep:
    I like the cadbury's powdered highlights. Add a bit of milk whisk then pour in boiling water and stir, yummmmmmm.

Not a massive fan of take-away hot chocolate, i think it is millie's cookies which cost about £1.30 they put tonnes of chocolate in it so it's awful! Same as McD's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarfairy)
    my current fav atm is the options white chocolate. its soooo nice :3
    But I bought it thinking it would be really nice, but it's yuckkkkyyyy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    nothing I have ever tried can beat ration pack hot chocolate, its absolutely fantastic.....................bu t not for civvies

ReputationRep:
    My favourite just now is Options Mint hot chocolate. I've gone through about half a container of it this past week cos its so yummy!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's powdered, but it's bloody good. Whittards do some lovely hot chocolate. They even do a white chocolate flavoured one :coma:

http://www.whittard.co.uk/store/cata...ate-214163.raa

£5 for one tub or 3 for £12!

ReputationRep:
    OOOOOOOOOhhh I love hot choco be it cocoa or hot choco.. it's just the best drink ever in summer I do cold cocoa/chocolate drink and this is also very good

ReputationRep:
    I make my own hot chocolate. =]

100g good dark chocolate (yummy with G&B Maya Gold), add milk, about 300ml or more if you prefer it liquidy. melt with 2tsp sugar, 2tsp honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, whatever else you like, whisk. Add brandy or rum. Yum yum.

ReputationRep:
    Cadbury's instant type (the one made with water not milk), or Tesco's own one (the blue label) are both good, the secret is to use 4 heaped tsp powder, mix to a paste with a splash of boiling water, add cold milk not water like they tell you on the jar, stir well then micro for about 1 minute, lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Atm im just using Cadburys as its all the local shops had. I love Hotel Chocolat's though but it is stupidly expensive. Any hot chocolate is good with a shot of Disaronno/Amaretto though

ReputationRep:
    Either cadbury's or Green and Black's imo...
    I'm not a fan of Cadbury's highlights/options/anything that tells you to make it with water - eurgh!

ReputationRep:
    yes they rather mislead you when they say add water on the jar... the taste isn't good with water alone.. Milk makes the taste best

ReputationRep:
    MALTEASERS OR GALAXY hot chocolate, you dont know what yur missingg

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.