The Student Room Group

A level options help

I’m thinking of doing law in the future and I’m not sure what to do exactly. I’m thinking of doing maths, classics and then two out of: government + politics, french, history and English. Plz help
Reply 1
Original post by Dessi.
I’m thinking of doing law in the future and I’m not sure what to do exactly. I’m thinking of doing maths, classics and then two out of: government + politics, french, history and English. Plz help

If you are thinking of doing Law at uni I would suggest more essay orientated subjects like history, english etc. Maybe if your school offer it you could even take Law
Reply 2
Original post by Jripton
If you are thinking of doing Law at uni I would suggest more essay orientated subjects like history, english etc. Maybe if your school offer it you could even take Law

Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Dessi.

I'd recommend history or English - an essay-based subject isn't required, but it's very helpful both for application chances and the writing and analysis on the actual law course (and I'm not sure how much classics counts as an essay subject - it may be worth asking). Law has very wide subject requirements, though, so it's not too important a decision. Just make sure you enjoy the subject you choose!
Reply 4
Original post by Jaegis
I'd recommend history or English - an essay-based subject isn't required, but it's very helpful both for application chances and the writing and analysis on the actual law course (and I'm not sure how much classics counts as an essay subject - it may be worth asking). Law has very wide subject requirements, though, so it's not too important a decision. Just make sure you enjoy the subject you choose!

Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest