The Student Room Group

Cyberpunk 2077 is finally launching tomorrow!

Scroll to see replies

cool
cool

Demanding refund.
I still haven't bothered playing this beyond the VR tutorial out of some weird sort of self defeating stubbornness :colonhash:
https://www.pcgamer.com/sony-has-removed-cyberpunk-2077-from-the-playstation-store/

Removed from the PlayStation store and being refunded for those who bought it through the PS store. Struggling to think of a game which had a worse launch than this.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Struggling to think of a game which had a worse launch than this.

Fallout 76 still holds that crown in my opinion, it easily had the worst combination of technical issues & performance across all platforms, negative reception to gameplay, highly criticised monetisation and horrific PR. This has undoubtedly been an awful launch for CDPR, but I don't think it's reached FO76 levels of dumpster fire.
It's harder to think of a massively hyped game that then lived up to people's hype. Probably Half Life 2, nearly two decades ago.
Reply 47
i heard it just got removed also lmao

seemed like everyone here liked it tho........
Original post by ANM775

It is a game absolutely worthy of acclaim, it's just a question of how many bugs you have to climb through to get to it and how badly each player deems they affect the experience of playing it. The PC version is in the best shape and can generally be enjoyed with bugs only posing minor inconveniences or quirks without ruining the experience, the base PS4 and Xbox One border on unplayable at times with substantial performance issues regularly causing sub-20fps frame rates on top of the greatest amount of bugs as well as poorly optimised graphics and resolution. The base Xbox One is particularly egregious, spending a worrying amount of time only outputting 20-25fps and with resolution regularly dropping below 720p. Then there's the Pro/X that do a better job of holding 25+ fps and never really drop below 20 that people can generally tolerate, and PS5/Series consoles offering consistently playable 60fps experiences, but both with what a lot of people consider to still be an unacceptable amount of bugs.
People laughed when I said months ago this was shaping up to be Colonial Marines 2, and it's EXACTLY that by the sound of it.

Highly regarded developer taking on a beloved 80s franchise, Mega late, Overhyped, Not as promised and the same level of inexcusable coding errors of the '1 line fks the game' flavour.

The idea that you delay a game that much, therefore saying 'This is the best we can do' and you finally present people with the PS4 version of Cyberpunk.... No wonder they want their money back. Holy trinity; Games is late, Game doesn't work, and you still had to crunch your staff and take that hit.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Struggling to think of a game which had a worse launch than this.

Batman Arkham Knight - PC port.
Battlefield 5
Battlefield 4
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Anthem
Original post by ANM775

It is a great game but it is very buggy and unstable. Not everyone can see past the crashing to the quality game beneath.

Years of playing Bethesda games has conditioned me to see it as normal.
Did people care anywhere near as much about it though? Apart from some minor promotion I heard little about it and I was a big fan of FO3 & 4 andI knew it had fell flat, but not one human ever said to me they were exited for it. I can easily see Beth going back to 'just' putting out another FO or EScrolls and getting over it, but I don't see CDPR having the same bounce,
(looking like another big slump in their share price today as well, currently down another 15% from yesterday. I'll take a guess that was after Sony stepped in)

Market Summary > CD Projekt SA
WSE: CDR
259.70 PLN −49.50 (16.01%)
18 Dec, 13:34 CET · Disclaimer
Original post by StriderHort
Did people care anywhere near as much about it though? Apart from some minor promotion I heard little about it and I was a big fan of FO3 & 4 andI knew it had fell flat, but not one human ever said to me they were exited for it. I can easily see Beth going back to 'just' putting out another FO or EScrolls and getting over it, but I don't see CDPR having the same bounce,

I think FO76 had enough anticipation to be the worse overall launch. In terms of the disparity between hype and delivery Cyberpunk is absolutely at the top of the pile, and the unacceptable state of the PS4/XB1 version has singlehandedly derailed a launch that would likely not have even reached the level of grump we see from a flagship Bethesda launch if they'd delayed its release and just launched PC and PS5/XBS instead, but FO76 was a far more multifaceted sh*tshow that handled way worse by the company behind it.
The coming PC patch will fix the FPS hit that people with AMD CPUs (i.e. anyone that's built or bought a good PC the past few years) are having.

There's a hex edit fix already, but with the patch coming I'll hold off messing around with that. Maybe my 30 FPS will become 40!
Original post by ozzyoscy
The coming PC patch will fix the FPS hit that people with AMD CPUs (i.e. anyone that's built or bought a good PC the past few years) are having.

There's a hex edit fix already, but with the patch coming I'll hold off messing around with that. Maybe my 30 FPS will become 40!

Is that the core/thread unlock one for Ryzens? Yea I didn't fancy mucking with that either.
Is that the core/thread unlock one for Ryzens? Yea I didn't fancy mucking with that either.

Correct.
People laughed when I said months ago this was shaping up to be Colonial Marines 2, and it's EXACTLY that by the sound of it.

Highly regarded developer taking on a beloved 80s franchise, Mega late, Overhyped, Not as promised and the same level of inexcusable coding errors of the '1 line fks the game' flavour.

The idea that you delay a game that much, therefore saying 'This is the best we can do' and you finally present people with the PS4 version of Cyberpunk.... No wonder they want their money back. Holy trinity; Games is late, Game doesn't work, and you still had to crunch your staff and take that hit.

Yeah, I will say that my experience with the game has been absolutely solid and I'm really liking it. But from what I'm hearing, I'd be p*ssed if I had got it on console, especially the previous gen.

I will say that I think it was a case of outside pressure. I find it hard to believe they wanted to release it the way it was but instead felt that some outside 'force' (probably investors) was giving them little choice but to just drop it in the wild.

Literally, the worst bug I've come across was V having her (well, her in my playthrough) hands at like chest height when sitting down in one part. Occasionally the odd prop might freeze in place, though I've only ever noticed it to be one of Johhny's cigs. Other than that, the only complaints I have is the strange default control layout and the handling of cars. The brakes especially. And people thought GTA IV's driving was like driving a boat

Found a random hostile NPC. She's always standing (or floating) at a crossing near the medpoint, even after reloading and fast travelling around. If you drive near, she'll get alerted like a guard. Scan calls her Jane Doe. This is after the Garry mission.

Quick Reply

Latest