The Student Room Group

Choices for MH nursing

Hi!

I've applied for 5 different unis for MH Nursing for a variety of reasons. I have started receiving invitations to interview, and was after some input to help me decide further if I am fortunate enough to receive multiple offers.I have applied to Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Solent, and Winchester, and would especially like some insight for deciding between Solent and Winchester in particular as these are logistically going to be the best for me if I don't get into Southampton.

Thanks! :smile:
Hello,

I can't offer any advice but I've applied for the same course at the same uni's except for Portsmouth!

Congratulations on the interviews!
Good luck
Original post by persephone_
Hi!

I've applied for 5 different unis for MH Nursing for a variety of reasons. I have started receiving invitations to interview, and was after some input to help me decide further if I am fortunate enough to receive multiple offers.I have applied to Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Solent, and Winchester, and would especially like some insight for deciding between Solent and Winchester in particular as these are logistically going to be the best for me if I don't get into Southampton.

Thanks! :smile:

Have you looked at the course structure of each university and seen which one appeals to you more to help you decide?
Original post by beccanator
Hello,

I can't offer any advice but I've applied for the same course at the same uni's except for Portsmouth!

Congratulations on the interviews!

Original post by tinygirl96
Good luck

Thank you both! I hope you both get some good news soon if you haven't already!

Original post by Hazelly
Have you looked at the course structure of each university and seen which one appeals to you more to help you decide?

I have taken a look at the modules, and the only thing I can really glean from Solent only providing module titles and the snippets I can remember from the open day is that Winchester looks a fair bit more clinically/biologically heavy and perhaps more general nursing oriented, while Solent looks a bit more soft-skills and directly mental health geared - but I may be entirely wrong! Both look interesting, otherwise I wouldn't have applied, but Winchester seems on the surface to teach more modules in things completely new and challenging to me, as someone who has only studied arts and humanities so far and hasn't done any science since GCSEs (a long time ago...).

I'm quite stuck really; I know I will absolutely need both soft skills and clinical knowledge to be a successful MH nurse, but both are accredited by the NMC, and both universities have TEF Silver awards, so the professional 'box ticking' and teaching standards seem to be equal. I think my first interview is with Solent, so I could ask for a bit more detail on how it explores the clinical areas then, but I'm worried I will look like I haven't done my research by doing that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending