Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Tweed?

I have a tweed jacket similar to this http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...LAZER&Gender=9

and a tweed mini skirt.

I wouldn't wear them at the same time and wear the jacket with say jeans or a denim mini skirt and the skirt with a shirt and jumper.

Would this look a bit fuddy duddy or ok for an 18 year old?

ReputationRep:
    I say it's fine.. as long as you are comfortable wearing it.. who cares what other people think

ReputationRep:
    i like it!
    I agree with the comment above
    Vintage is the way to go

ReputationRep:
    its nice. go for it

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a similar one in grey its totally fine. go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar one in brown which I hardly wear now but it used to be my favourite everyday jacket

ReputationRep:
    I think its cool... match it right and your A-OK!

ReputationRep:
    I like it. Provided you don't wear the two together it's perfectly fine!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I like it! Just match it right and it will look ok.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it can be a really classy look.

ReputationRep:
    Dont really like it. To be frank, there are far better jackets- classier with far more 'chique' for similar prices. It's your decision though and if you like it and it suits you then why not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    Dont really like it. To be frank, there are far better jackets- classier with far more 'chique' for similar prices. It's your decision though and if you like it and it suits you then why not.
    I've not actually bought it. It was my mum's and I've always really like it so she's let me have it

ReputationRep:
    I like it, it's nice.

Very nice. I am a huge fan of tweed.

Oh my god. This website does amazing menswear. It's so expensive though. One day I will be able to afford a rugby shirt for £69 or this gorgeous overcoat for £349

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Very nice. I am a huge fan of tweed.

Oh my god. This website does amazing menswear. It's so expensive though. One day I will be able to afford a rugby shirt for £69 or this gorgeous overcoat for £349
    I know, I love Jack Wills stuff, but it is on the pricy side. Luckily the jacket didn't cost me a penny though, it's actually an even better brand than JW too. Dakks!! woop woop

ReputationRep:
    tweed is a classic fall / winter fabric that never goes out. just mix it with other more up to date things, bright colours, or casual things to avoid looking too old or fussy (i.e. you are right in avoiding the jacket and skirt together.)

ReputationRep:
    as long as you don't wear it with the same clothes a granny would wear with it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.