The Student Room Group

LSBU/Roehampton; forensic science/biomedical science

I am student from Serbia and I have been given an offer from both universities I have applied for, I just need an advice on which to chose. I have applied for undergraduate programs, first is BSc Forensic Science at London South Bank University and the other one is BSc Biomedical science at Roehampton University. I am not sure which one university to chose. I have tried to take all into consideration, the university in general, location,program, teaching staff, everything. Any advice? :smile:
Original post by Andrijana Ljujic
I am student from Serbia and I have been given an offer from both universities I have applied for, I just need an advice on which to chose. I have applied for undergraduate programs, first is BSc Forensic Science at London South Bank University and the other one is BSc Biomedical science at Roehampton University. I am not sure which one university to chose. I have tried to take all into consideration, the university in general, location,program, teaching staff, everything. Any advice? :smile:

Hi @Andrijana Ljujic ,

I do understand that this was 3 years ago, apologise that no one has got back to you. In the chance that you are still looking for a response.

I hope you were able to pick a course in time, and hopefully enjoyed your time on the course. Of course I'm a bit bias as a Forensic Science student at LSBU. I'd say we have incredible lecturers, who all have a different speciality, so you get to know a range of knowledge in Forensic Science.
Also our location is in the heart of London, as someone who has a Serbian friend on my course, you'd find great tourist spots nearby, many within walking distance!
Within the Forensic Science course at LSBU many pros such as the ratio between Coursework and Exams. The range of assignments, learning from essay writing, SFR, GER, Witness Statements, Expert Witness to name a few.
Those who have completed the course, have found it useful for real world jobs. Explaining that they have learnt everything they need to know to be comfortable in a job set up.

I hope I manage to help. Good luck with your future!!
Kaprice R [3rd Year - BSc (Hons) Forensic Science]
LSBU Rep
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Hi @Andrijana Ljujic ,
I do understand that this was 3 years ago, apologise that no one has got back to you. In the chance that you are still looking for a response.
I hope you were able to pick a course in time, and hopefully enjoyed your time on the course. Of course I'm a bit bias as a Forensic Science student at LSBU. I'd say we have incredible lecturers, who all have a different speciality, so you get to know a range of knowledge in Forensic Science.
Also our location is in the heart of London, as someone who has a Serbian friend on my course, you'd find great tourist spots nearby, many within walking distance!
Within the Forensic Science course at LSBU many pros such as the ratio between Coursework and Exams. The range of assignments, learning from essay writing, SFR, GER, Witness Statements, Expert Witness to name a few.
Those who have completed the course, have found it useful for real world jobs. Explaining that they have learnt everything they need to know to be comfortable in a job set up.
I hope I manage to help. Good luck with your future!!
LSBU Rep

Hi Kaprice R,

I am grateful for your reply! I have been waiting for a response so I can be sure in my decision! I have taken 3 gap years but now I know I want to go to LSBU! It sounds like a lovely uni! How did you find the course? And the lecturers? Also I want to meet the Serbian friend of yours!

Best wishes,
Andrijana Ljujic
Original post by Andrijana Ljujic
Hi Kaprice R,
I am grateful for your reply! I have been waiting for a response so I can be sure in my decision! I have taken 3 gap years but now I know I want to go to LSBU! It sounds like a lovely uni! How did you find the course? And the lecturers? Also I want to meet the Serbian friend of yours!
Best wishes,
Andrijana Ljujic

Hi @Andrijana Ljujic ,

I hope you had fun during your gap year. I'm super glad I was able to clarify my favourite parts of the university as a whole.
Being at the end of my degree, I'd say the degree pushes you to be better than when you first start, whether that be learning knowledge of Forensic, the range of assignments as I mentioned before hand. Learning transferable skillsets that are not only useful within the Forensic field, but in many other fields. Particular modules that I'd assume I wouldn't of like, turned out to be some of my favourites.
The lectures all want you to success, and are willing to help. A massive part of our university especially with Forensic Science is networking, sometimes we have alumni guess lecture, or just provide some advice for the current students. I'm aware that some people (like yourself) may like to talk to someone who's on the course or was on the course.
I'm sure my friend would love to talk to you, and give you her advice based on her experience!

Let me know if I can help in any other way. Good luck with your studies, and we can't wait to introduce you to LSBU.
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending