camspot614
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hiya,

I have applied to study business finance and business with finance, however I don't know which is going to be better and which uni to study them at.
business finance @ chester
business with finance @ Liverpool john moores
business finance @ aberyswyth
business management with finance @ salford
business and financial management @ Sheffield hallam

i don't know whether studying business finance will be too financey and id be better studying business and finance since I don't completely know what career I want to go into I just know they are the two things I enjoy.

thank you in advance
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've done a business management degree and a part finance degree at uni. Let me know if you have specific questions.

In terms of career options, I think either choices won't limit your options so long you get a really good grade in it. If you want the option to go into teaching, then you might want to do business and finance instead (not necessarily business management though).

In terms of material, finance will involve some maths but not too complicated. Maths in business is very little - you will encounter it in accounting, economics, and stats.

I'm not sure what you mean by too 'financey', but it seems to be something holding you back. If you elaborate on that, I might be able to divulge more on the choice.
camspot614
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by MindMax2000)
I've done a business management degree and a part finance degree at uni. Let me know if you have specific questions.

In terms of career options, I think either choices won't limit your options so long you get a really good grade in it. If you want the option to go into teaching, then you might want to do business and finance instead (not necessarily business management though).

In terms of material, finance will involve some maths but not too complicated. Maths in business is very little - you will encounter it in accounting, economics, and stats.

I'm not sure what you mean by too 'financey', but it seems to be something holding you back. If you elaborate on that, I might be able to divulge more on the choice.
too finanancy as in every lesson is finance and not enough variety to keep it interesting. I only say it as I like the variety of the financial accounts and the aspects of a business in a level.
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've checked out the business finance degrees at Chester and Aberyswyth, and the one at Chester involves a number of management modules. Aberyswyth involves more economics. Both degrees involve the variety of financial accounts. The one in Aberyswyth offer exemptions for an accounting qualification though.

As far as I can tell, you will study economics, finance, accounting, and management in either degrees.
The extra benefit of doing a joint management degree would be the operations, more management modules than you would want, marketing, and possibly law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads