ermmaya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
i have my next set of mocks in february and want to try and smash those in advance to the real thing but i’m not sure when to start PROPERLY revising for the real thing? i was thinking once christmas break is over? is this too late or not enough time?
Zafirahhh_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think you should start now! I would have started in November or even earlier. Good luck!
ermmaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zafirahhh_)
I think you should start now! I would have started in November or even earlier. Good luck!
definitely, i did some in october for my november mocks but feel that i could have blown it out of the water if i had done more work earlier. thankyou! is there any techniques of resources you could recommend me for the core subjects please? no worries if not
Zafirahhh_
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Seneca, physics and maths tutor and Corbett maths. That’s very good you did some revision though! For English language if you have difficulty with q2 paper 1 then you look at descriptive quotes or make up a sentence in your head and analyse it. I know it sounds stupid but it helps so much. For example I randomly am thinking of “the sun was a blazing fire ball” well if I were to break it down, a fire ball is very heated and very bright but also quite dangerous. The fact that it is blazing emphasises it’s powerful brightness. That’s what I did anyways. (Isn’t to good of analysis right now!) With geography I used the book and stuck post it notes on each page and it helped a lot I got a grade 8 for it btw. Tbh you should find the revision techniques that help you so much to retain a lot of information. For literature know your books and poems very well so when your tested on them you know nearly everything. But do millions of questions.
Sorry if I didn’t help.
ermmaya
Rep:
?
this was extremely helpful thankyou! would you say physics and maths tutor flascards are worth printing out?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ermmaya)
i have my next set of mocks in february and want to try and smash those in advance to the real thing but i’m not sure when to start PROPERLY revising for the real thing? i was thinking once christmas break is over? is this too late or not enough time?
Hi!

I would start as soon as possible so that you don't rush.
I use to make an A3 poster for each module in my subject with all the key points on and making it really colourful and coordinated.
I then try and memorise this poster and copy it from memory, but without all the colour and fancy bits. In a different coloured pen, I then add what I had missed from memory.

Or I make plans of potential essay questions, which include all the key facts. Similarly I memorise this and try and copy it from memory. In a different coloured pen i then add what I had missed from memory.

Past papers are a good way of revising, so you are prepared for the style of exams and essays you will have to write. Especially looking at the marking criteria.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
ermmaya
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi!

I would start as soon as possible so that you don't rush.
I use to make an A3 poster for each module in my subject with all the key points on and making it really colourful and coordinated.
I then try and memorise this poster and copy it from memory, but without all the colour and fancy bits. In a different coloured pen, I then add what I had missed from memory.

Or I make plans of potential essay questions, which include all the key facts. Similarly I memorise this and try and copy it from memory. In a different coloured pen i then add what I had missed from memory.

Past papers are a good way of revising, so you are prepared for the style of exams and essays you will have to write. Especially looking at the marking criteria.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
this would be a great technique for me as i am definitely a visual learner, thankyou for this! i’ll get started asap.
Zafirahhh_
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You welcome and sure that would be great and helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (16)
69.57%

Watched Threads