Toastiekid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Welcome to the A-level Economics Study Group for 2020/21:party2:
Economics is a really interesting subject so we thought we'd have a thread for all the students taking it, Year 12 and 13.
Here you can get help with any economics questions you have, chat about the invisible hand, share interesting graphs (we love a supply and demand curve, don't we?), how you're revising and anything else you can think of!

Here are some resources we've gathered- if you've got any suggestions please let me know!:yep:

This thread is for anything economics, but to start off discussion, try answering some of these questions:
Which exam board are you doing?
Why did you pick economics?
Are you being entered in for any exams this year?
What's been your favourite topic so far?
What's been challenging in economics so far?
What do you want to study at uni?

Good luck everyone:hugs:
d.akpan003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys,
I do AQA econ
i picked economics because I find it highly interesting, the idea of finding out ways to best use resources and to solve market failures appeals to me.
my favourite topic so far has been inequality and market failure.
the topic i find most challenging is definitely theory of the firm i find those graphs so hard to remember
at university i want to study economics, my plans are to continue until a masters degree, not quite sure about doing a PHD in econ!
Toastiekid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by d.akpan003)
Hi guys,
I do AQA econ
i picked economics because I find it highly interesting, the idea of finding out ways to best use resources and to solve market failures appeals to me.
my favourite topic so far has been inequality and market failure.
the topic i find most challenging is definitely theory of the firm i find those graphs so hard to remember
at university i want to study economics, my plans are to continue until a masters degree, not quite sure about doing a PHD in econ!
hi there
that's an awesome reason to study econ! i find the market failure stuff really interesting too because i'm interested in sustainability (and its intersection with economics) and market failure is important for looking at causes of problems with climate change etc.
i agree with you about the theory of the firm graphs- i've found though that at uni you learn more of the reasoning behind the graphs so it's a bit easier to remember.
best of luck with your uni applications and a-levels:woo:
omar200329
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi I do AQA Economics and i cant crack the evaluation on 25 markers do you know any resources for model answers
hapaxlegomenon27
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by omar200329)
Hi I do AQA Economics and i cant crack the evaluation on 25 markers do you know any resources for model answers
i do aqa too and there are some model answers on tutor2u. also i would recommend using the phrase 'however, this depends upon...' and try add some nuance to your arguments to show the examiner that you realise econ isn't black and white and that the real world tends to diverge from economic theory. hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.36%
No (693)
51.64%

Watched Threads