The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Bsc Finance/Economics LSE

I understand that the requirements for this Bsc for Finance and Economics are the same, being an A* in Mathematics with Further Maths not being necessary but ‘desirable’. Could anyone please inform me as to what grade I should aim for in FM as it doesn’t specify anywhere?
Original post by Bobthornton
I understand that the requirements for this Bsc for Finance and Economics are the same, being an A* in Mathematics with Further Maths not being necessary but ‘desirable’. Could anyone please inform me as to what grade I should aim for in FM as it doesn’t specify anywhere?

U should get a*s or as for 3 subjects and if further maths is 4th subject u should get at least E. IF it is not 4th a level then i guess A for this courses.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Oh and even if they write that it is desirable it is actually kind of a "must" cause almost 95% of people applying for these courses have fm. Those who do not have are the ones who did not have it at their college or just could not do it (very rare).
Reply 3
Original post by alebaja
U should get a*s or as for 3 subjects and if further maths is 4th subject u should get at least E. IF it is not 4th a level then i guess A for this courses.

I’m doing Politics, maths, further maths and economics as A2. Doing history as AS.
Reply 4
Original post by Bobthornton

Hello, please refer to the 'Entry requirements' section on the BSc Economics and BSc Finance programme pages.

If you take four or more full A-levels, you will be expected to achieve A*AA (with A* in Mathematics), and a pass in the fourth A-level.

Quick Reply

Latest