The Student Room Group

Crush on friend - mature way to handle

I have a crush on a friend I hang out with a lot one on one . Mutual friends say I shouldn’t tell her unless I get strong signs. I can’t read signs. I’m not good at flirting either. So what’s the mature and easiest way to handle this? Surely it’s just to tell her and ask how she feels rather than play all these mind games? Or is it asking her on an official date?
Reply 1
Just say how you feel. That's all you can do. If something happens, good. If not then unlucky. It can be nerve wracking but you need to put yourself out there to know where you stand.
first start our by complimenting her and calling her cute or dropping hints like that. you don't necessarily have to flirt, you can just be straight up with her and tell her she looks good. then if she seems into it, ask her on a date. Don't continue doing that if she doesn't show interest shell think it's creepy. then ask her on a date and go from there.
Reply 3
Original post by Ybsy75
I have a crush on a friend I hang out with a lot one on one . Mutual friends say I shouldn’t tell her unless I get strong signs. I can’t read signs. I’m not good at flirting either. So what’s the mature and easiest way to handle this? Surely it’s just to tell her and ask how she feels rather than play all these mind games? Or is it asking her on an official date?

Original post by dragongirl4567
first start our by complimenting her and calling her cute or dropping hints like that. you don't necessarily have to flirt, you can just be straight up with her and tell her she looks good. then if she seems into it, ask her on a date. Don't continue doing that if she doesn't show interest shell think it's creepy. then ask her on a date and go from there.

If you flirt with her and she doesn't reciprocate it could mean that 1. Your flirting is going over her head and she isn't noticing. 2. She isn't flirting back for other reasons: too nervous to flirt back or doesn't know how to flirt confidently to feel comfortable reciprocating. 3. Or, of course, she isn't interested and feels uncomfortable.
By all means flirt but please ignore the part of how your flirting and her response based upon reciprocation as a solid way to tell how she feels. It would only be solid if she noticed and said straight that she wasn't interested. But a lack of response isn't always because of a lack of interest as I alluded to. I am 24 and look back on times like up to a decade ago where I have had a couple of girls flirt with me and it would go over my head and I wouldn't reciprocate as a result. Up to 10 years later with a bit more awareness now and I continue to kick myself at how silly 14 year old me was. Just simply say how you feel and you'll get your response up front. No games.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending