NatWest Student Account Watch

Singh42
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi i applied for a NatWest student account and its really annoying me because my friend, who was an existing NatWest customer who also applied for an upgrade to a student account recieved his application for the National Railway Card along with the pack which told him his account was now open. He recieved all this within 7 days of opening the account.
My situation is that, I got a letter around 6 days ago saying my account is now open and my branch told me that when my bank card arrives they will let me know. Also, when i asked how do i apply for my Railway Card now? They replied, "it can take up to 3-4 weeks for it (the application pack) to arrive, and then another week for the details to process and to get the card to your address". Why so quick for my friend and such a long time for me?
How long did it take for yours people?
Its just that I'm off to university on Saturday
OldSpeckledHen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a Natwest Student Account this time last year - they've given me nothing but ****** since. In fairness, once I'd actually set up the account I received the Rail Card etc quite quickly - but it took me ages, with them wanting more and more proof that I was actually going to uni. They've also charged me 40 quid because I want over an overdraft limit that I was lead to believe was £1250, when it wasn't. I had to go in and argue with them to get it extended to that, but never got my money back.
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At least they've contacted you, I applied towards the end of august and they haven't sent me anything! Called them up and apparently they're still processing my application. I'm also off on Saturday so I wish they'd hurry up!

It's probably quicker for your friend because he's an existing customer so they've already gone through all the identity verification and security stuff
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Were you an existing Natwest customer or a new one?
Singh42
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was an existing one but i didn't choose to upgrade my account because i still wanted my other account due to direct debits on there which i didnt want interfering with my student one. But I went in today and i made the woman ring up the headquarters for me and they dealt with it and it should all be sent out to me within 7-10 days now which is good! Only bad thing is that I'm going to be at uni by then.. ah i'll just get my brother to drop it off to me lol. The support i have been receiving through my application has been poor. The best advice i would give anyone is to just keep hassling your bank and not let it drop. I took my mum in with me and they sorted it out straight away lool.
natweststaffmember
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Singh42)
I was an existing one but i didn't choose to upgrade my account because i still wanted my other account due to direct debits on there which i didnt want interfering with my student one. But I went in today and i made the woman ring up the headquarters for me and they dealt with it and it should all be sent out to me within 7-10 days now which is good! Only bad thing is that I'm going to be at uni by then.. ah i'll just get my brother to drop it off to me lol. The support i have been receiving through my application has been poor. The best advice i would give anyone is to just keep hassling your bank and not let it drop. I took my mum in with me and they sorted it out straight away lool.
You could have asked me, lol.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (277)
44.75%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (188)
30.37%
I don't have an opinion (154)
24.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed