The Student Room Group

Tutoring [GCSE and AS/A-Level]

I am offering virtual GCSE / A-Level 1-1 tutoring over Zoom. The subjects that I am confident in tutoring are:
- Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (I have had some experience tutoring Chemistry and Maths in particular).

You can DM me for any other possible subjects also but these are my most confident subject areas.

In my tutoring sessions, I can do 20 mins of Biol, 20 mins of Chem, 20 mins of Maths etc and base it around your personal needs. Of course this is up to you and I can just do 1 full hour of Biol and Chem whenever you need.

I am currently studying for my A-Levels and I am predicted 3 A*s. I am trying to undercut the prices of more experienced tutors while offering a better experience by providing resources i.e. personalised questions, specific topic notes, etc. Please let me know if you're interested.

PRICES:
* GCSE - £10/hr
* AS/A-Level - £15/hr

For your first session, I will discount the prices by 50%, and if you do not like the first session - you do not have to return. However, it will be full price thereafter. Not many tutors offer a personalised experience but I hope many students will benefit from this. If you want to talk more about this, please message me. (I am charging because tutoring is work that needs to be organised in advance and requires time for me to prepare. It also is an hour out of my busy day so I hope you feel this is a fair price).

Sorry if many won't be interested. I hope to post this just for the benefit of some who are finding no improvement from their current tutors. If this post is not allowed, please delete it as I am not quite sure of TSR's rules. Thank you.
Original post by ryanalevel
I am offering virtual GCSE / A-Level 1-1 tutoring over Zoom. The subjects that I am confident in tutoring are:
- Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (I have had some experience tutoring Chemistry and Maths in particular).

You can DM me for any other possible subjects also but these are my most confident subject areas.

In my tutoring sessions, I can do 20 mins of Biol, 20 mins of Chem, 20 mins of Maths etc and base it around your personal needs. Of course this is up to you and I can just do 1 full hour of Biol and Chem whenever you need.

I am currently studying for my A-Levels and I am predicted 3 A*s. I am trying to undercut the prices of more experienced tutors while offering a better experience by providing resources i.e. personalised questions, specific topic notes, etc. Please let me know if you're interested.

PRICES:
* GCSE - £10/hr
* AS/A-Level - £15/hr

For your first session, I will discount the prices by 50%, and if you do not like the first session - you do not have to return. However, it will be full price thereafter. Not many tutors offer a personalised experience but I hope many students will benefit from this. If you want to talk more about this, please message me. (I am charging because tutoring is work that needs to be organised in advance and requires time for me to prepare. It also is an hour out of my busy day so I hope you feel this is a fair price).

Sorry if many won't be interested. I hope to post this just for the benefit of some who are finding no improvement from their current tutors. If this post is not allowed, please delete it as I am not quite sure of TSR's rules. Thank you.

can you do any days of the week or do you only offer tutoring on certain days?
also, what exam boards are you experienced in?
Reply 2
Original post by ryanalevel

PRICES:
* GCSE - £10/hr
* AS/A-Level - £15/hr

don't worry your prices are better than the price's i've seen. which payment method will you be using and can you tell me a bit more about yourself if you dont mind?
Reply 3
Original post by Marissa01
can you do any days of the week or do you only offer tutoring on certain days?
also, what exam boards are you experienced in?

I am experienced in WJEC exam board. However, I am flexible and if you tell me beforehand which exam board you are studying and what level i.e. GCSE/A-Level, I can make sure that I get the resources set up and that I am 100% familiar with the topic. Most of the exam boards have the same set content and it may just be picking up on certain wording differences in exam boards. I know WJEC is the Welsh equivalent of Eduqas so I'm quite confident with that exam board. Also, AQA has some similarities.

With regards to days, I'm mostly flexible. I go by my school timetable and can do most evenings. On one Monday, I have practically all day off, and on another Tuesday that is the same. If you are still interested, we can discuss this further and I can show you when I am free. As I am a student, I obviously can't tutor during lesson times, so we can work on where we both have spaces free.
Reply 4
Original post by summer044
don't worry your prices are better than the price's i've seen. which payment method will you be using and can you tell me a bit more about yourself if you dont mind?

At the moment, it would be a bank transfer so e.g. through your parent's debit card or yours if you use it via your banking app (all very secure). But I should adapt to accept PayPal in the future. Also, I give full refunds if you notify me 24 hours in advance before the tutoring session, for example if you are unable to attend. If you notify me within a 24 hour window, I cannot refund you, but anything above 24hrs I will not hesitate to give you a full refund OR you can hold another day. For example, if you cannot attend on a Tuesday and you have payed £10 for GCSE tutoring (for example), then you can either have a full refund or I can keep the money and you can just rearrange another session on another day.

A little about myself: I'm Ryan and I'm 18 this month (woop woop). I'm from South Wales originally but now live in Ceredigion in West Wales. After A-Levels, I want to be a hospital-based doctor and want to pursue a career in Medicine. I have a solid foundation in the WJEC Science specifications. However, I can adapt with different exam boards. How I tutor is how I'd like to receive tutoring if I were to be paying for it, so very personalised and very adapted to you and how you work. Whilst I haven't got an official teaching degree, I do have some tutoring experience with friends, and I have often mentored people my age and younger. My prices are low because I feel you get what you pay for. I'm not a qualified teacher but I am someone that can help you with the core understanding and as I am a student myself, I understand you and I know what students want from tutoring. We would get through any core understanding and any issues firstly with a particular topic, then when you're confident with a topic, we can master exam technique. I try to get you to make the most of your money from the tutoring so we will try to get a lot into these sessions. Let me know if you're interested, if not now in the future :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest