Bola_merci
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey everyone,
So I just applied to the university of Salford, university of Surrey, university of Nottingham, university of Birmingham and university of Hertfordshire for child nursing.
But due to the covid I couldn't be able to visit those uni and the accommodation they are showing on the virtual open day I don't believe it because the picture maybe deceiving
So, I will like to ask people opinion on what they think on the accommodation in those university
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I looked at Birmingham accommodation and found that it was basically as expected. The pictures on the website are trustworthy. Plus it’s a 360 virtual tour so it’s almost the same as being there.
Bola_merci
Rep:
?
Is it expensive and how far is it too the campus
University of Salford
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bola_merci)
Hey everyone,
So I just applied to the university of Salford, university of Surrey, university of Nottingham, university of Birmingham and university of Hertfordshire for child nursing.
But due to the covid I couldn't be able to visit those uni and the accommodation they are showing on the virtual open day I don't believe it because the picture maybe deceiving
So, I will like to ask people opinion on what they think on the accommodation in those university
Hi Bola_merci

Our accommodation at Salford is managed by our partner, Campus Living Villages (CLV), and we have 2 sites.

Peel Park Quarter is our newest accommodation (I think its about 4-5 years old now) and its literally in the middle of our campus. There's a range of different room options to choose from but each bedroom is en-suite. Its actually been voted the 2nd best student accommodation in the country for 2020, so we think we're doing something right here.

Our second site, John Lester & Eddie Colman Courts, is a little older but its well maintained - there's no en-suite options (you're only sharing with 2-3 others though) so this does make it a more affordable option for some students. This accommodation is off campus, but its not far at all - to where your course is based you're looking at a 5 minute walk, max. Its probably no further than Peel Park would be to be honest.

You're bound to be sceptical about what you see online, but what you see really is what you get - have you looked on YouTube at some of the independent videos on there? There's loads of room tours that aren't affiliated with the University's channels.

You may also want to chat to our students on our UniBuddy platform, there will be plenty of them that have lived in accommodation (usually they mention it on their bio) and can tell you more about it.

Good luck with your application!

Alison
University of Salford
Bola_merci
Rep:
?
Thanks for your reply, I will check YouTube for videos
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bola_merci)
Hey everyone,
Hi there, its great to hear you have applied to Surrey.

For accommodation, there is different bands which range from cheapest to most expensive (A-F). I was in Band D my first year on Manor Park Campus and loved it there. My room was lovely, I had a big desk, reasonable sized wardrobe and an en-suite and the kitchen was nice too. I have attached this link where you can see each accommodation band in more detail and also see a video tour of each: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anymore questions!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.93%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.85%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.11%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.04%

Watched Threads