Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Basildon reptile show yesterday where I fell in love with a little tiny corn snake. She is an amel (short for amelanistic, which means no black pigmentation) and is quite bright for a hatchling. She is active but also quite calm as hatchlings this small (smaller than a shoe lace) can be nervous or not used to being handled by big scary humans.

No name yet but I am open to any suggestions. My other two snakes have uncommon names but so far we have come up with Poppy, Ruby or Wendy

Thank you for looking

ReputationRep:
    lol that isnt cute it is scary and i know it cant harm you, but it is still creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    lol that isnt cute it is scary and i know it cant harm you, but it is still creepy.
    No; it's cute. You utter wimp.

ReputationRep:
    That is adorable! Either call her Wendy or Mrs Doubtfire (I don't know, the name kinda fits!).

ReputationRep:
    She's *adorable* - I'd love to have one just like her I like the name Ruby, it suits her colouring...

ReputationRep:
    So cute, Ruby is a good name for it, kinda matches the colouring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    Why, just because it's a snake? What's wrong with snakes?

ReputationRep:
    Wow what great colouring it has! You mention it's a baby, I hope you have a tank big enough to keep it in when it's grows. You could call it Vipera it's Latin though technically you'd still be calling it snake,though in a different tongue.

ReputationRep:
    Call her 'Piebald'.

ReputationRep:
    Very cute. I like Ruby. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Wow quick replies thanks guys

How can something that tiny and brightly coloured be scary? I do understand that lots of people are frightened of them (put a spider, any size, shape, colour or speed in front of me and I WILL break down with the jelly wobbles!). A few of my friends have faced their fear though with my other two, good for curing phobias.

(Original post by RedDragon)
    Wow what great colouring it has! You mention it's a baby, I hope you have a tank big enough to keep it in when it's grows. You could call it Vipera it's Latin though technically you'd still be calling it snake,though in a different tongue.
    Yes I have several faunariums (one which she is in now) and vivariums ready for her as she grows. I have two other older corn snakes who are growing like weeds.

I haven't measured her yet but I don't think she is more than the length and width of an average biro pen. Possibly smaller. When she has settled in to her new home I will take some more pictures with something for size comparison. Maybe some of her face too as she has the cutest little face.

She is quite a common corn snake morph and I bought her for £15 (which is pretty cheap even so!). I'm completely in love, I just hope she eats well as the last hatchling I had this small wasn't a good eater

ReputationRep:
    She's lovely! And Ruby is a fitting name.

I've always wanted a pet snake. I'd name it Lucifer or Lamia, depending on it's gender, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Wait I have a better name for her, Phoenix, because her colouring is like the colour of Fire.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of cute, but would be more so if it wasn't 'blood, scab and vomit' colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    It's kind of cute, but would be more so if it wasn't 'blood, scab and vomit' colour.
    Please....I have just eaten, didn't need a vision of those three things in my head. :p:

ReputationRep:
    She is beautiful!

I'll think of some names and get back to you.

Good luck with the little lady! I am very jealous.

ReputationRep:
    awwwww I want one so badly!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Interesting...'Blood, scab and vomit'... Not what I'd associate her with but still, we all have different eyes.

What colour would you call these?

RedDragon, I like phoenix but I do know someone who has an amel with that name. I'll add it to the list

ReputationRep:
    That definately IS scary

ReputationRep:
    Never seen a corn snake that colour! Our old one was like this:

Caption: OM NOM NOM NOM

Sadly it died a few years before our Royal Python did.

Tbh I think it ruins a pet if you call it something like Wendy, unless you call it Monty (we called our python that, for obvious reasons). Ruby is alright though.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.