History a level

Watch this thread
moussongela
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My history teacher says i need to stop being descriptive and be more analytical and come up with more ideas. how do i do this ?
hiiiiiiiiiiii2
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I had a similar problem at GCSE where apparently I was just describing the events like a story rather than analysing the impacts and consequence of the event and how it related back to the question
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure if I can give examples (since I don't know what topics you're doing for history) and I'm bad at explaining, but I hope this helps you somewhat:

Only choose evidence that is related and specific to the question; don't include irrelevant information, otherwise it'll become narrative. Always link the evidence you use back to the question. You don't need to explain what caused an event, if you need to focus on its consequences.

Make sure you also write thematically, rather than writing chronologically. You need to cover a wide range of the time period in the question though.

How you structure your sentences is also important. I find it more useful to mention events within a single sentence rather than a separate sentence.

Also, make sure you show counterarguments to the factor you're arguing for, but don't just mention it. Use evidence to show why your view is superior to the counterargument.
Last edited by Anthos; 1 year ago
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good luck
moussongela
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
28.97%
It went fairly well (239)
47.42%
It didn't go too well (76)
15.08%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.53%

Watched Threads