What is wrong with me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So basically me and this girl in Uni who I’ve known for about a year and a half have been chilling together and we’re not dating anymore but we’re still exclusive if you know what I mean. This girl would literally do anything for me and I mean that she is so caring. Long story short, when I’m with her at uni I can’t spend too much time with her and find it abit much so I kinda opt to do other things instead but now she’s gone home for Christmas and said goodbye to her I miss her terribly. Like what’s wrong w me? I don’t want to chill w her that often when she’s here but when she’s not here I want to spend 24/7 with her. Can someone tell me what is wrong w me lol
jellybellyb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Uh. Perhaps you just like the idea of her company but don't actually enjoy being around her? I dunno.
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
is there anything in particular that annoys you when you’re with her?

it sounds like you enjoy her company, rather than her as a person. maybe you just like having someone to hang out with? it might not be the fact it’s her, it might just be that you like company?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jellybellyb)
Uh. Perhaps you just like the idea of her company but don't actually enjoy being around her? I dunno.
No thing is I like being around her but she can become awful needy, inquisitive and insecure and she wants to see me like 24/7 when I used to that with her but after lockdown I became accustomed to having my own time and space more
Anonymous #1
(Original post by baby.bear)
is there anything in particular that annoys you when you’re with her?

it sounds like you enjoy her company, rather than her as a person. maybe you just like having someone to hang out with? it might not be the fact it’s her, it might just be that you like company?
she’s quite needy and insecure which I suppose is most girls but I used to spend almost 24/7 w her at uni before lockdown and post lockdown I became more of a person who enjoys their own company from time to time. No no the fact is I care about her a lot and without sounding cringe I can’t imagine my life without her, she always cares and looks out for me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
No thing is I like being around her but she can become awful needy, inquisitive and insecure and she wants to see me like 24/7 when I used to that with her but after lockdown I became accustomed to having my own time and space more
Please don’t get me wrong though, I care about her so much and I can’t imagine my life without her
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Then I believe you've just answered your own question.
Anonymous #1
Then I believe you've just answered your own question.
But now that I have my own time and space (one I’ve been trying to get for a while) I don’t want it anymore?
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
she’s quite needy and insecure which I suppose is most girls but I used to spend almost 24/7 w her at uni before lockdown and post lockdown I became more of a person who enjoys their own company from time to time. No no the fact is I care about her a lot and without sounding cringe I can’t imagine my life without her, she always cares and looks out for me
that’s nice! maybe you spend so much time with her that it becomes draining? maybe try to find a nice balance so that you guys can see each other but it feel nice rather than boring?
jellybellyb
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
But now that I have my own time and space (one I’ve been trying to get for a while) I don’t want it anymore?
You probably just need to find a balance. Spending too much time with her might be draining and it doesn't feel so special but spending no time with her feels like there's something missing. Having a good ratio of spending time with her and having alone time seems like the best plan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.72%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.69%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.11%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.48%

Watched Threads