The Student Room Group

Is gold DofE worth it?

I’m just wondering how much Unis actually value gold dofe because I’m doing 4 a levels, an EPQ, young enterprise and possibly gold dofe. I did bronze and silver walking and really enjoyed it but this year I don’t know if I really want to do the gold dofe. It’s just so much extra time that I don’t really have. Does anyone know if it’s important to have and would make a big impact not to do it?
Original post by issy.rrrrrrrr
I’m just wondering how much Unis actually value gold dofe because I’m doing 4 a levels, an EPQ, young enterprise and possibly gold dofe. I did bronze and silver walking and really enjoyed it but this year I don’t know if I really want to do the gold dofe. It’s just so much extra time that I don’t really have. Does anyone know if it’s important to have and would make a big impact not to do it?

dont do it unless you really want to, every man and his dog has DofE or equivalent, you're better getting more real world experience. unis fully dont care about DofE unless ur doing geography or something that you can link it to. with ur other commitments you wont have time, it also costs a lot of money. do some volunteering, go to debate competitions, get a job :smile:
Absolutely

This is a list of benefits

Better sense of teamwork
Improved communication
Higher order thinking ability
Sense of real empathy
Increased awareness of other cultures etc
Honed map reading skills
Ability to survive independently
Refined ability to tolerate extreme weather
Reduced ability for tolerating ********
Tuned up cooking skills and the like
Expert at camping alone
Master of dry humour and quick wit (this is me only)
Ability to help society properly as well
A chance to help people
New found ability to exercise
Opportunity to find a new hobby etc
Better understanding of disability in addition
Reply 3
Nice to have rather than need to have. Don’t reckon you even meet the Duke these days
But surely doing bronze and silver I demonstrate these skills?
Reply 5
Original post by issy.rrrrrrrr
But surely doing bronze and silver I demonstrate these skills?

Precisely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending