The Student Room Group

Awkward 2nd Date

Hi.

Looking to gauge the opinions of any women who come across this really, with me being on the other side of it.

I met a girl on a dating app. Got chatting. Quickly got comfortable with and got to know each other. Met up for a few drinks at a bar one evening and had a good time. Still liked each other at the end of it, to the extent of continuing to talk to each other as normal for a further fortnight, until we could meet up for the second time. On this occasion however, it didn't go well and was a pretty below par, awkward experience.

This bad second date was entirely due to myself, turning up on a run of bad days which got me down (the day itself being the worst of all of them), with other stressful things coming up within days after it. As a result, my mind was elsewhere the time we were together and I wasn't myself at all. The only reason I didn't postpone was because I wanted to see her again, with it having been over two weeks since we had last met up (for the first time).

Basically - taking this into consideration, would you ever consider giving the guy a chance at another date to redeem himself, if he apologised for not giving you a good time during the previous occasion and explained the above as the reason as to why? Or would that be that?

Thanks for any advice.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, everyone has their off days and if you talked to her about your day im sure she'd understand. Just try not to have repeats as it may put her off and do your best to keep good communication:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending