Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In accordance with Resolution 2008/10 this thread has been created to house the condolences of representatives of the MUN to people affected by natural disasters, terrorist attacks etc. this thread is open to all, please feel free to post.

Please note however that any threads posted with the main subject being condolences within the GA will be merged with this one. Repeated and provocative infractions may result in disciplinary action being taken.

ReputationRep:
    The Secretary General would like to draw the GA's attention to the following condolence originally posted by the representative for South Korea. We would merge the thread with this one, but the forum software won't let me, as this thread is dated after Birchington's.

(Original post by Birchington)
    South Korea would like to immediately send their condolences to Pakistan in light of today's atrocity and hope that the scourge of terrorism can be defeated in the region.

ReputationRep:
    Andorra would like to offer its condolances to the families and friends of those killed or injured in Haiti, after a school building there collapsed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7717173.stm

ReputationRep:
    /Why did you delete Adalia?

ReputationRep:
    The office of the Secretary General would like to offer our dearest condolences to the Prime Minister of Zimbabwe at this difficult time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7929136.stm

ReputationRep:
    France echoes the words of the Secretary General.

The US also wishes to express our deepest condolences to the Tsvangirai familly at this most difficult time.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    DPRK will allso offer our condolences.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil reiterates the words of the Secretary General, France, USA and DPRK. It is regrettable that such an incident had to occur.

ReputationRep:
    The Representative for Zimbabwe also offers condolences to Mr Tsvangirai and his family, and gratefully thanks the Secretary General, France, USA, DPRK and Brazil for their kind thoughtfulness. We will pass on the wishes.

ReputationRep:
    The UK and Israel both offer their separate condolences.

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand would like to add its voice to the condolences intimated on the death of Mrs Tsvangirai.

ReputationRep:
    Lebanon would also like to offer its deepest condolences
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    China would like to send its condolences to Prime Minister Tsvangirai of Zimbabwe and hope that the death of his wife does not further destabilise the power-sharing government in place there.

ReputationRep:
    Deadly blast has killed at least 3 people in Tanzania. I send out condolences to all those that died.

ReputationRep:
    The office of the Secretary General would also like to extend its condolences of the families of those who died in the explosions in Tanzania.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8026929.stm

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_11303954.htm

ReputationRep:
    Malta would like to offer the condolences of the family of the 53 year old man who died from H1N1 in Costa Rica, and the man in his 30s who died from H1N1 in America.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8042374.stm

ReputationRep:
    The office of the Secretary General can only echo the words of the representative for Malta and hope that all countries can work together in defeating this virus.

OOC - Welcome to the MUN AFC, nice sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrgd291190)
    The office of the Secretary General can only echo the words of the representative for Malta and hope that all countries can work together in defeating this virus.

OOC - Welcome to the MUN AFC, nice sig.
    OOC - Thanks for the welcome - and I love my new sig - I got bored of advertising the conservatives!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    OOC - Thanks for the welcome - and I love my new sig - I got bored of advertising the conservatives!
    OOC - You should be, we're liberals here
    Just kidding, but I'm a LibDem and the LibDem leader's our North Korea rep and a few more members. We've got tories, labour, just about every party here. We're a right political rainbow.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.