BigFawn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Any response would be greatly appreciated

I’m a bit lost, I’ve always been good at geology and like the look of doing a geology degree especially the international Masters degree at the uni of Leeds as I really wanna study a year abroad. However I really like the prospects with computer science, it’ll be harder for me to get onto this course with my grades and I’m unsure if I can do a year out abroad doing a computer science degree, I presume that it is possible.
What do you suppose I do ? Do a degree in geology or a degree in computer science ?

I’ve always been a bit unsure of my path so I’ve always varied my GCSEs n A levels, Computer science will open up more options for me to go into other industries that geology probably can’t do.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Go for it.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by BigFawn)
Any response would be greatly appreciated

I’m a bit lost, I’ve always been good at geology and like the look of doing a geology degree especially the international Masters degree at the uni of Leeds as I really wanna study a year abroad. However I really like the prospects with computer science, it’ll be harder for me to get onto this course with my grades and I’m unsure if I can do a year out abroad doing a computer science degree, I presume that it is possible.
What do you suppose I do ? Do a degree in geology or a degree in computer science ?

I’ve always been a bit unsure of my path so I’ve always varied my GCSEs n A levels, Computer science will open up more options for me to go into other industries that geology probably can’t do.
Hi BigFawn

Both degrees have great prospects.

Some areas to consider -
Which do you enjoy more?
Do you have a set career plan?
How important is the year abroad for you?

At Hull, we offer BSc/ MEng Computer Science with a year abroad. Our Entry Requirements are 112 UCAS Points. Further details are available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ar=year-abroad
We also offer BSc Earth Sciences with a year abroad. This degree is accredited by the Geological Society. Our Entry Requirements are 120 UCAS Points. Further details are available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ar=year-abroad

If you would like to find out more about studying BSc Computer Science, Tom one of our current students is available to answer any questions you may have - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

Hope this helps,

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What you are 'good' at and what you 'like' have to be taken into context.

I used to work in customer services and I was 'good' at that, but as for 'liking' it lol .... Now im in a job that i 'like' and although its not easy and challenging, it love it

I would go for computer science if you like that more than geology
Last edited by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂; 7 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads