The Student Room Group

Choosing degree Help

Any response would be greatly appreciated :smile:

I’m a bit lost, I’ve always been good at geology and like the look of doing a geology degree especially the international Masters degree at the uni of Leeds as I really wanna study a year abroad. However I really like the prospects with computer science, it’ll be harder for me to get onto this course with my grades and I’m unsure if I can do a year out abroad doing a computer science degree, I presume that it is possible.
What do you suppose I do ? Do a degree in geology or a degree in computer science ?

I’ve always been a bit unsure of my path so I’ve always varied my GCSEs n A levels, Computer science will open up more options for me to go into other industries that geology probably can’t do.
Hey.

It is possible to do year abroads with computer science (e.g. I know that Warwick offer this option)

It is also true that computer science is an increasingly competitive course to get onto, but this competitiveness reduces as you move away from the 'top' unis (oxbridge, imperial)

I personally believe that a computer science degree will be more facilitating
Reply 2
I know this might be a silly question but is the year abroad part of the 3 years or 4 year degree or is it an additional year ?
Original post by BigFawn
I know this might be a silly question but is the year abroad part of the 3 years or 4 year degree or is it an additional year ?

Defo not a silly question. It depends from uni to uni, majority of the time I would say it’s an extra year. Sometimes when you’re doing 4 year courses though it counts as a year- really depends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending