Nobody cares that I am not okay

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My family know that I am struggling mentally, it is very noticeable. I eat a lot less than I used to and cry a lot which is totally out of character for me. They know I'm under a huge amount of stress. They often overhear me crying and say absolutely nothing. I've told them how I feel and they can see how depressed I am but they do ****ing nothing. I feel so unloved and disposable.
Last edited by DrawTheLine; 4 months ago
shebk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm sorry to hear that. How old are you?
Do you have friends or bf/gf?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by shebk)
I'm sorry to hear that. How old are you?
Do you have friends or bf/gf?
I'm 18 and no I don't really have anyone else to turn to :/
cleveranimal56
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That's not true. You're parents probably just don't know what to do, or think that you're just being unreasonable! I empathize with you, and if it come down to it, you can always have us at TSR!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Maybe they're waiting for you to approach them about your troubles as opposed to, what could be seen as, being prying.
shebk
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 18 and no I don't really have anyone else to turn to :/
Are you boy or girl? Do you study well?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
My family know that I am struggling mentally, it is very noticeable. I eat a lot less than I used to and cry a lot which is totally out of character for me. They know I'm under a huge amount of stress. They often overhear me crying and say absolutely nothing. I've told them how I feel and they can see how depressed I am but they do ****ing nothing. I feel so unloved and disposable.
I have had mental health conditions for 2 years now I failed my A levels.
xDmochi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have had mental health conditions for 2 years now I failed my A levels.
Little tip, don’t edit when your anonymous...
But I’m sorry, that sucks. I’m sure lots of people care
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xDmochi)
Little tip, don’t edit when your anonymous...
But I’m sorry, that sucks. I’m sure lots of people care
I have one sibling and one uncle so I have no family. I have no friends either.
duckie_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey im sorry to hear youre going through this i hope it gets better you can do this! my pms are always open for you if you want to talk . I care about you, please eat and take care of yourself . You are loved, trust me. Youve got this
j-dulas
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We are all here for ya
VM91
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there!

First of all you've been very brave to talk about your situation here. Best advice I can give you is find a method of distraction or even a coping method, that is healthy. This could come in the form of working or hobbies, or even leisurely activities. Trust me, it helps take the pain away. And seeing that this thread has 10 replies, I can say with confidence you have people that care for you. Whether it might not be in person, you still have people on TSR to lean on! But please make as much of an effort to eat as much as you can, this can have many bad effects in the future, and we don't want that now do we. You've got this, just keep going at it and you will win!
Hdisososb
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
sometimes they just dont know what to do you know,i knownits hard for u but its might be hard for them too but i get u need to help and support,if u want u can can pm,and explain why u feel like this
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pb002128093631)
suck it up, i choose not to tell my family and i suffer in silence, everyone has problems
If you choose not to tell people, that is entirely up to you, but there is no need to be so insensitive to other people' struggles.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
I understand, i have had to deal with parents seeing me near death and still not really caring. Then i realised that is their problem and they are emotionally inept and it should not define my worth.

I'm sure your parent/parents may care deep down, maybe they didn't actually hear you. People can be self absorbed. Why don't you get it off your chest and tell them what's bothering you/get some advice?
TuesdayA
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't know you but I can empathise. Mentally struggling and having so many external pressures too and not having anyone to turn to is dreadful but we're here for you. You're not disposable i'm sure you're an incredible person wether you believe that or not and someday I hope someone will be there for you as how much you deserve. Things will get better, keep going! <3 I'm open and I won't judge if you need to vent or anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (185)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (540)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (411)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (508)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (183)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (221)
5.99%
Loneliness (311)
8.43%
Financial worries (135)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.93%
Exposure to negative news/social media (167)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (329)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (345)
9.35%

Watched Threads