The Student Room Group

What does 'take care of yourself' mean?

Does it show concern or care?
Thank you.
Context??
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Context??

Just speaking to a friend about some life decisions that are being made such as family members wanting you to find someone to marry otherwise risk being lonely, which they don't want me to be. So want me to find someone even though I do not want to.

And my friends says 'take care of yourself'. Does it show care, concern etc?
Original post by Anonymous
Just speaking to a friend about some life decisions that are being made such as family members wanting you to find someone to marry otherwise risk being lonely, which they don't want me to be. So want me to find someone even though I do not want to.

It just seems to be your friend giving you advice -take care of yourself, don’t let others tell you what your life should be. Whether that’s out of concern or care I couldn’t say as it’s rather a normal piece of advice to be given.
care, especially during covid its become a common phrase online and in person
It varies.

Taking a shower is a important part of respecting yourself. Making time for yourself also counts as well. Napping counts too. Other self care activities include feeding yourself and drinking two or three cups of water a day. Also brushing hair and teeth. Make sure to wash with soap always and use deodorant. Also try to get a hair cut and keep clean.
Does it show concern or care?
Thank you.

it shows care but if you added some context (it's okay that you haven't) then it can also be done out of concern. If the person can tell that mentally or physically you're not doing well then they will most likely tell you to do so out of concern just so they can see you get better, meaning that they went you to be ok but if it's like a casual 'ok take care' then it can be as a sort of friendship general way of just hoping your day goes well.
Definitely shows care 😊
Definitely shows care 😊

Why anon? That was sweet and the most innocuous post possible lol.
Original post by YaliaV123
Why anon? That was sweet and the most innocuous post possible lol.

Aw thanks haha. I usually just tend to automatically click anonymous regardless of what i say
Original post by Reanna.xxx
Aw thanks haha. I usually just tend to automatically click anonymous regardless of what i say

TSR can be a minefield to be fair...

In this case it means do what makes you happy and don’t worry too much about pleasing the people around you.

In most cases though when it’s used in a general context it means “don’t do anything stupid!” 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending