Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heh.
    A good friend of mine went out with my ex, about a month after we had broke up.
    It wasn't really serious with me, but with her she thought it was.
    I just found it very very very funny. May just be funny because we found out we had been out with the same guy before. Then she came in ranting about her new bf and didn't realise it was my ex.

She now hates the guy, I'm still talking to him. It hasn't really changed anything.

But if she had gone out with an ex that I really liked then I would have hit the roof.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the worst things you could possibly do, second only to killing a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    It's one of the worst things you could possibly do, second only to killing a man.
    Or morris dancing.

ReputationRep:
    NO no compromise , ex boyfriends and friends dont mix, keep at a healthy distance and retain peace and harmony

ReputationRep:
    It is very bad as it goes against the guys unwritten handbook on dating.

ReputationRep:
    so guys actually have one of those handbooks? could i purchase one ? it seems many men need more in production!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Peachy)
    so guys actually have one of those handbooks? could i purchase one ? it seems many men need more in production!
    :rolleyes: you know that the unwritten guy hand book on dating is just something all guys really know. I can only remember the basics.

1.) Never cheat with your mates current girlfriend
    2.) Never go out with your mates ex-girlfriend
    3.) Never go out with your mates possible girlfriend (girls they fancy etc).
    4.) Never go out with any girl closely related to yuor mate (sisters, cousins)

and finally one some guys take no notice of.
    5.) Never take advantage of a girl when she is drunk and/or emotional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    how long did they go out for, how seriouse were they, how does your friend feel?
    did it break up badly...ect. ect.

ReputationRep:
    There are many factors to consider, but generally I don't see why it should be unacceptable

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it depends totally on the situation, ie. how long they were going out, how they get on now, how long they've been apart etc. and very importantly how your friend feels about it. If your friend's not happy with it, and it will affect your friendship then definately not, otherwise perhaps, but be sensitive.

ReputationRep:
    i think it generally comes down to how you feel with the situation. obviously there would be a massive variation in the previous relationships, like how good your mate was and how important their relationship was! If they are your best friend and they got dumped it might not be such a good idea, but u have 2 consider, would you really be comfortable in the situation?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.