The Student Room Group

Adding a GCSE to my UCAS application

Hello!I couldn't find any topic on this anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here.I have booked a GCSE exam as a private candidate for June 2021 as I need it to get into my desired university, but it looks like in order to add it into UCAS I need to state an institution where I am studying for it and the time spent doing that. What should I do if I am preparing for it on my own without such an institution?
Original post by Skrattatouille
Hello!I couldn't find any topic on this anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here.I have booked a GCSE exam as a private candidate for June 2021 as I need it to get into my desired university, but it looks like in order to add it into UCAS I need to state an institution where I am studying for it and the time spent doing that. What should I do if I am preparing for it on my own without such an institution?

You need to enter the exam centre with attendance as part time for the months of the exam-results. You'll then be able to add the GCSE to that exam centre and the part time attendance for a few months will make it clear that you're a private candidate sitting the exam without tuition
Original post by PQ
You need to enter the exam centre with attendance as part time for the months of the exam-results. You'll then be able to add the GCSE to that exam centre and the part time attendance for a few months will make it clear that you're a private candidate sitting the exam without tuition

Thank you very much! I shall do so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest