The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How soon you'll get offers depends on both the strength of your application (which shouldn't be a problem for you, by the looks of things) and which universities you applied to — some are a lot quicker to respond than others.
Reply 2
I applied for Biochemistry (two years ago omg) and I got all six offers by the end of October.
Some universities make it their policy not to send out any offers until after the January deadline. Bristol is one of them, I think.
Reply 4
it depends....i applied in november and got back all my offers before school closed in december....i got my first offer a week after sending my application....
Reply 5
Oxford was my first response, in mid-December.
lets put it this way....I got my application sent off end of september-beginning of october, and got my final offer the beginning of april.
Reply 7
Southampton got back to me in a matter of days (I think 3). It really does vary from university to university.
Reply 8
I applied last year and deferred until 2009 but when I sent my application off in November I got an offer back in 6 days, mind due I'm a mature student age 22 so I've already got my qualifications which probably was the reason I got a reply back so quickly.

I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure you'll get the place you want. :smile:

Best of luck
Reply 9
If you dont get an offer - are you accually told "no" - or do you just not hear back?
Reply 10
LeeDalchow
If you dont get an offer - are you accually told "no" - or do you just not hear back?

you're told no i would assume....never got one so cant be sure
LeeDalchow

It comes up on track that they have rejected you

OP - mine took 2 days for Birmingham and about a week for the others (ignoring the time they weren't working over christmas holidays)
Reply 12
Sent mine off on the 14th October last year and got replies:

22nd November
30th November
5th December
13th December
4th January
mine varied soo much, manchester got back to me first, then leicester, then oxford, then LSE. this was all before the start of december. i had to wait until march for kings.

so, in conclusion, it depends on your uni, but the strength of your application will depend on the timing of your offers and the offer given.
wow, more varied than i thought. so i guess its a waiting game now......
Reply 15
Hi, I'm applying for biochemistry too. Where have you applied? :smile:
Reply 16
has anyone got offers for 2009 entry yet??
Reply 17
I applied in October. I got two responses in November, two in January, and one in April.
Reply 18
Uh.. it would be nice to get the replies within days...!
I sent in my application a few days before the Oxbridge deadline and my first offer came after two weeks, but I didn't get my last until about 6 months later. It really depends on the uni though.