University of Glasgow vs Swansea University - Computer Science Conversion Course

Watch
Fern0620
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have received two unconditional offers . One from Swansea (MSc Computer Science) and the other from University of Glasgow(MSc Information Technology). Which one do I go for ? Any tips would be helpful. Thanks
Last edited by Fern0620; 7 months ago
John_0025
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I will say Swansea University. I study BEng in Civil Engineering at Swansea uni and MSc at University of Glasgow. Although the ranking of University of Glasgow would be higher than Swansea, you can have better support from the college and better program structure at Swansea University. In the engineering industry, I don't think swansea university is weaker than university of Glasgow. They are on the same level. In Swansea, you can have a good study environment with nice beaches and mountain. And Swansea is much warm than Glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fern0620
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have decided to go ahead with Swansea as the computing and engineering department has a better ranking than Glasgow. I agree that Swansea isnt a part of Russell Group. However, I have a degree from Newcastle University which is a part of RG. Swansea has also offered a good scholarship and it definitely helps me financially too. Thank you for your prompt response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.73%
No I am happy with my choice (70)
55.56%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed