The Student Room Group

Cambridge Application MPhil Finance 2021/2022

Scroll to see replies

does anyone also apply very early but still haven't heard the result? Is that an implicit rejection or they are pooling my applications with the second round of applicants?
Reply 61
Original post by harryharryh
does anyone also apply very early but still haven't heard the result? Is that an implicit rejection or they are pooling my applications with the second round of applicants?

Applied December 3rd, still under review by department. I guess they’ll reconsider us with the next pool
Reply 62

Same here, pal. Applied Dec 20 and it says still under review. I think after reading the previous posts, I'd take it that international applicants (Int'l as in Non-US) may take a while to process (?) Myself included as I'm from the far east. So expect to hear nothing until the Feb 25 deadline. Then following the 25th I'll go back to my daily prayers again lmaooo.

Edited: here's what they told me after I emailed in Late Dec asking when can I expect to hear back.

"The earliest decisions on applications are expected in January 2021, with the majority of decisions finalised after all applications have been considered following the application deadline of 25 February 2021.

The programme starts with a preparatory Maths & Statistics programme in mid-September"
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by JMVB
Same here, pal. Applied Dec 20 and it says still under review. I think after reading the previous posts, I'd take it that international applicants (Int'l as in Non-US) may take a while to process (?) Myself included as I'm from the far east. So expect to hear nothing until the Feb 25 deadline. Then following the 25th I'll go back to my daily prayers again lmaooo.

Edited: here's what they told me after I emailed in Late Dec asking when can I expect to hear back.

"The earliest decisions on applications are expected in January 2021, with the majority of decisions finalised after all applications have been considered following the application deadline of 25 February 2021.

The programme starts with a preparatory Maths & Statistics programme in mid-September"

Thanks for sharing this.
Hi, I'm applying for MPhil in Finance and I'm currently studying, in my final year. Is it necessary to provide full transcripts for my progress until now or will an enrolment letter be enough as I have not yet completed my course. Please let me know thank you :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by bluecat7979
Hi, I'm applying for MPhil in Finance and I'm currently studying, in my final year. Is it necessary to provide full transcripts for my progress until now or will an enrolment letter be enough as I have not yet completed my course. Please let me know thank you :smile:

Hi! I applied for the MPhil Real Estate Finance, but I'd think the process is the same. Am in final year too at a UK Uni, basically submitted transcripts from my uni for results in Years 1 and 2 :smile: There's a section in the application form which will ask you for it. Hope this helps!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 66

Applied very early on Oct 29, still under view by department. I am really nervous these days and maybe I am in the waiting list.
Original post by qazghj
Applied very early on Oct 29, still under view by department. I am really nervous these days and maybe I am in the waiting list.

Did you apply for Mphil Finance? I still haven't heard anything for Mphil Finance & Economics either
Reply 68
Original post by elena132
Did you apply for Mphil Finance? I still haven't heard anything for Mphil Finance & Economics either

Yes, I applied for Mphil Finance.
Reply 69
Original post by qazghj
Yes, I applied for Mphil Finance.

I applied on DEC 2, still under review by the department. This wait is just killing me.
Reply 70
Original post by Mrr1996
I applied on DEC 2, still under review by the department. This wait is just killing me.

Me too. I have waited nearly 14 weeks.
Original post by qazghj

Has anyone got rejected yet for MPhil Finance or MPhil Finance and Economics. 14 weeks seems out of ordinary as even on their website they say up to 12 weeks. Have you tried to reach out ?
Reply 72
Original post by qazghj

You should contact them i guess. For example, i also applied to the econ research MPhil and they notified me that i have been waitlisted.

By the way, for mphil Finance, did you submit a research proposal?
Original post by Mrr1996
You should contact them i guess. For example, i also applied to the econ research MPhil and they notified me that i have been waitlisted.

I did only to find out most of applicants didn't bother to... :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Falcon1209
I did only to find out most of applicants didn't bother to... :smile:

Don’t worry. I did too xD. When did you submit your application?
Original post by Mrr1996
Don’t worry. I did too xD. When did you submit your application?

Last week of Jan, still Under review. Such a contrast to last year from what I can see on TSR.
Reply 76
Last week of Jan, still Under review. Such a contrast to last year from what I can see on TSR.

Yeah i think so too. And I actually emailed them to know my status two weeks back, they didn’t even reply
Reply 77
Has anyone got rejected yet for MPhil Finance or MPhil Finance and Economics. 14 weeks seems out of ordinary as even on their website they say up to 12 weeks. Have you tried to reach out ?

No. But since Mphil in finance said that ‘Applications are considered in stages as part of a gathered field. The earliest decisions on applications are expected in January 2021, with the majority of decisions finalised after all applications have been considered following the application deadline of 25 February 2021.’, I just think may be I should to wait another weeks after 25 Feb.
Reply 78
Original post by Mrr1996

Actually no.
Original post by qazghj
No. But since Mphil in finance said that ‘Applications are considered in stages as part of a gathered field. The earliest decisions on applications are expected in January 2021, with the majority of decisions finalised after all applications have been considered following the application deadline of 25 February 2021.’, I just think may be I should to wait another weeks after 25 Feb.

I thought MPhil Finance and Economics you are waiting for 14 weeks, my bad there. As last deadline for that course was back in Jan....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending