The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

What happens if I am not studying an A-Level that Universities want?

Hey, so I'm gonna be applying to universities and enrolling 2021 (currently Year 13), and was wondering what I do if a certain university I want wants 'additional requirements' for an A-Level I don't study.

For example: I was considering studying Physiology & Sports Science at Unviersity of Glasgow. Their requirements are BBB to AAB, with an A-Level in either biology or chemistry. However, I don't study biology nor chemistry, I study Art, History and Psychology. Suppose I meet the grade requirements but don't study Biology or Chemistry, what happens?
Reply 1
Original post by reconrecon
Hey, so I'm gonna be applying to universities and enrolling 2021 (currently Year 13), and was wondering what I do if a certain university I want wants 'additional requirements' for an A-Level I don't study.

For example: I was considering studying Physiology & Sports Science at Unviersity of Glasgow. Their requirements are BBB to AAB, with an A-Level in either biology or chemistry. However, I don't study biology nor chemistry, I study Art, History and Psychology. Suppose I meet the grade requirements but don't study Biology or Chemistry, what happens?

It depends on what the requirements actually are. If they say an A-level in Biology or Chemistry is required then you need to do Biology or Chemistry. If you don’t then your application will get rejected if you apply.
However, if it says Biology or Chemistry are preferred then you can still apply without taking either. Although be weary because applicants who do take Biology or Chemistry may be prioritised.
If you are unsure, it’s definitely worth dropping them an email explaining your situation. I’d do this within the next week so they get back to you before the holidays.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Basically the same as @Krambo_ said. You probably do really need biology or chemistry but i would contact them. You can phone them up as email takes a while to get back to you and you probably cannot afford to wait. Other universities are more lax on their psychology courses and do not require biology or chemistry so you might im afraid have to have where you would like to go. You could always apply and see what happens.
What unis are you thinking of applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending