The Student Room Group

MOCK in 2021 Jan

Is there any tips for IGCSE Mock?
And any recommend revision website?

I really want to push myself for the best I can achieve!

Subject taken:
Eng
French
Math
Bio
Chemi
Phy
DT
ICT
Business
Reply 1
Are these on the Edexcel iGCSE Exam board?
BBC bitesize and GCSE pod are both great, also CGP revision guides are amazing in terms of content and exam practice. I’d say if you’re already confident with the theory, focus on doing as many past exam questions as you can (in timed conditions). I’m assuming iGCSEs are pretty similar to normal GCSEs btw.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by A_02
Are these on the Edexcel iGCSE Exam board?

they are mixed;
I have Business, French, English and ICT in Cambridge IGCSE exam board
And DT, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths in Edexcel IGCSE exam board
Reply 4
hi has anyone here done macbeth mock aqa? if so whats the question i should expect??
Reply 5
Original post by evaahiso
BBC bitesize and GCSE pod are both great, also CGP revision guides are amazing in terms of content and exam practice. I’d say if you’re already confident with the theory, focus on doing as many past exam questions as you can (in timed conditions). I’m assuming iGCSEs are pretty similar to normal GCSEs btw.

Thank you for your recommendations, I will do that! I am currently using "save my exam" and "Physics and Math Tutor" as a source for practice questions and past papers, is there a better one you think I could use?
yes I've done my AQA English lit Macbeth the question i cant remember the exact question from the top of my head but it was from act 5 scene 1 how lady macbeth felt guilt
Reply 7
Original post by ivy7384
they are mixed;
I have Business, French, English and ICT in Cambridge IGCSE exam board
And DT, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths in Edexcel IGCSE exam board

Ah ok. I did Edexcel iGCSE Maths (Spec A) and English (Lang Spec A and Lit). Best tip for Maths is to do the more challenging questions which are normally towards the end of the paper. The old spec questions can be pretty useful for this as, from experience, the new spec has more of the challenging questions scattered across the paper, whereas the questions in the old spec has more of a split (the first 12-13 questions are aimed at foundation level and the rest are aimed at higher level).
Original post by Ajay2005
hi has anyone here done macbeth mock aqa? if so whats the question i should expect??

i got lady macbeth and her transformation
Original post by gcse123hjbjh
yes I've done my AQA English lit Macbeth the question i cant remember the exact question from the top of my head but it was from act 5 scene 1 how lady macbeth felt guilt

do u do french edexcel?
Original post by JJ <3
do u do french edexcel?

no i do edexcel French
no i do edexcel French

lol,have u done ur writing mock yet?
Original post by JJ <3
lol,have u done ur writing mock yet?

yes the french one and i did horrible :frown:
oh no,im so scared,do u remember what the topic u had to write about was?

yes the french one and i did horrible :frown:
Original post by JJ <3
oh no,im so scared,do u remember what the topic u had to write about was?

oh no don't be you'll be fine, it wasn't really that hard its just because i barley pay attention in class that's why I don't know French as good , they gave us an image of a group of friends outside and you had to write what you see in the image in French
Original post by ivy7384
Thank you for your recommendations, I will do that! I am currently using "save my exam" and "Physics and Math Tutor" as a source for practice questions and past papers, is there a better one you think I could use?

maths genie
I have my history mock soon and I do aqa, Cold War and power and the people. its probably the 2019 paper, so what should I be expecting?

Quick Reply

Latest