ugeno
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
what is this? is it the OJE? will i be taught how to use the till or is it just an interview and meeting the staff
ugeno
Rep:
?
i dunno if i have to wear black trousers or not?
i think im gettin my uniform but i dunno if ill be wearing it on the day. anyone know
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chill out dude. Ours was just ****** really. I can't remember what it even was now, but I know we never left the seating area of the restaurent (a closed off bit, the same place we had our interview).

That said, this was about 4.5 years ago now.
Sparxy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have one tomorrow morning.

Relax, it's totally informal, you just need to bring 3 things:

1.) Your Passport or some form of ID (to prove who you are )
2.) National Insurance Card (so they can hire you )
3.) Bank Details (so they can pay you ! :p:)

The 'Welcome Meeting' also known as the 'Orientation' is after the OJE/Interview, meaning you passed and you have got the job! It's just to get your details sorted, availability, work shifts, etc sorted..

You can wear whatever you want, it's totally informal.

As for the uniform, I don't know about that - I'm sure we'll be told on the day, if not then just ask at the end or when he/she asks if you have any questions.
ugeno
Rep:
?
so when do i do the bit where i learn how to use the till for 20 minss andi watch a video???
i think tommorow is just uniform and filling out forms so what happens after that?
Sparxy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well it's 2+ hours, but if we was going to learn the tills I'd of thought we'd be in uniform or have to dress relatively work-like (black trousers, shirt, etc) but we don't..

I think the video is at this meeting though..
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh **** man, I remember that **** now. Nah, we did it in an office, but you have to go through some epically long health and safety bull******** thing.
Skyeeallison
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How long do you have to wait until the welcome meeting is arranged after the email about passing the OJE has come through?
ImBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its gonna be different for each store, maybe yours has more applicants to get through and doesn't want to hold a welcome interview for just 1-2 people, I told mine a day later but again different managers will do it differently
Alexandra 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Alexandra here just like to say look forward to seeing you at welcome meeting on Wednesday thank you
Hassaan1738
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have to go to a McDonald's welcome meeting at a Mcdonalds restaurant that is different to the restaurant that I have applied for...which restaurant do i go to, the one I applied to or the one that is stated on the welcome meeting email?
Joey678
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
After my interview, they said I'll have to wait a day or two to see if I got the job or not but I received it that day like 4 hours later so I must have impressed them! I think the next day I got mine regarding the welcome meeting which is this Thursday for me. As already said, it will be informal and so I guess you just go through everything like shifts, healthcare, uniform etc but it does last 3 hours so I don't know what to expect but I will let you know at the weekend. Don't worry, I always dwell on these things but I am really looking forward to it so relax and I'm sure it will be fine - they are people too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (51)
14.45%
Uncertainty around my education (61)
17.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (35)
9.92%
Isolating with family (24)
6.8%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (14)
3.97%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (25)
7.08%
Loneliness (33)
9.35%
Financial worries (12)
3.4%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (37)
10.48%
Exposure to negative news/social media (27)
7.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (34)
9.63%

Watched Threads