The Student Room Group

Car question on app!

On a job app it asked if I drive , which I do, but then asked if I own car , which I don't!

This would be key to the job travelling to sites. Would I be truthful and say no or say yes? as I would get a car if I got the job. Could only afford the car if i got the job.
Reply 1
The best bet would be to be truthful and if there is an opportunity elsewhere to explain your intentions. You could risk a slight deception here if you believe you could acquire a car quickly if offered the job, but there always a chance it comes up at interview or delays you starting and then you are perceived as dishonest.
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
The best bet would be to be truthful and if there is an opportunity elsewhere to explain your intentions. You could risk a slight deception here if you believe you could acquire a car quickly if offered the job, but there always a chance it comes up at interview or delays you starting and then you are perceived as dishonest.

Yes, as this is a grad job, I cant afford car at the moment, just started a part time retail job!

The having access to a car could very well be essential criteria, nowhere else i could state i would be willing to purchase a car if i got the job!

I guess the role is too junior for company car. I don't want to lie of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending