catalina7788
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
#1
Hi,

I'm a yr 13 student who has gotten a GC (guaranteed conditional) to study composition at RWCMD. I also got a Reserve Conditional for Trinity. Since I want to keep my options open, I also applied to study music and english joint honours at various universities under UCAS undergraduate. I've gotten 3 offers from unis so far.

I'm very undecided about going to a conservatoire since I think uni is a better bet. Thing is, I'm a bit confused about the acceptance process since I really want to keep both doors open (unis and conservatoires) for as long as I possibly can.

Since the reply deadline for conservatoires is end of January, can I:

- accept Trinity Laban's reserve offer as my first choice
- then put RWCMD as my second
- still accept uni offers in August
- make a final decision about where to go in August after A-Level results

I know UCAS say I will have to withdraw my application from one but does that mean I can still accept both Conservatoire and Uni offers? I don't want to accept the Conservatoire offers early on and then that mean Unis will be made redundant just because I had to accept the Conservatoires in January.

Has anyone been through this process? Could someone help?

Thanks!!
0
reply
TjSop
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
#2
Report 9 months ago
#2
(Original post by catalina7788)
Hi,

I'm a yr 13 student who has gotten a GC (guaranteed conditional) to study composition at RWCMD. I also got a Reserve Conditional for Trinity. Since I want to keep my options open, I also applied to study music and english joint honours at various universities under UCAS undergraduate. I've gotten 3 offers from unis so far.

I'm very undecided about going to a conservatoire since I think uni is a better bet. Thing is, I'm a bit confused about the acceptance process since I really want to keep both doors open (unis and conservatoires) for as long as I possibly can.

Since the reply deadline for conservatoires is end of January, can I:

- accept Trinity Laban's reserve offer as my first choice
- then put RWCMD as my second
- still accept uni offers in August
- make a final decision about where to go in August after A-Level results

I know UCAS say I will have to withdraw my application from one but does that mean I can still accept both Conservatoire and Uni offers? I don't want to accept the Conservatoire offers early on and then that mean Unis will be made redundant just because I had to accept the Conservatoires in January.

Has anyone been through this process? Could someone help?

Thanks!!
Congratulations on your Conservatoire offers.
You can accept both uni and conservatoire places however if you accept an unconditional offer you will lose all your other places.
On results day ucas will receive your results before you and any conditional offers will become unconditional offers if you meet the conditions.
I hope this helps.
1
reply
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#3
Report 9 months ago
#3
(Original post by catalina7788)
Hi,

I'm a yr 13 student who has gotten a GC (guaranteed conditional) to study composition at RWCMD. I also got a Reserve Conditional for Trinity. Since I want to keep my options open, I also applied to study music and english joint honours at various universities under UCAS undergraduate. I've gotten 3 offers from unis so far.

I'm very undecided about going to a conservatoire since I think uni is a better bet. Thing is, I'm a bit confused about the acceptance process since I really want to keep both doors open (unis and conservatoires) for as long as I possibly can.

Since the reply deadline for conservatoires is end of January, can I:

- accept Trinity Laban's reserve offer as my first choice
- then put RWCMD as my second
- still accept uni offers in August
- make a final decision about where to go in August after A-Level results

I know UCAS say I will have to withdraw my application from one but does that mean I can still accept both Conservatoire and Uni offers? I don't want to accept the Conservatoire offers early on and then that mean Unis will be made redundant just because I had to accept the Conservatoires in January.

Has anyone been through this process? Could someone help?

Thanks!!
As above - you have to make a decision between your UCAS Conservatoire/UCAS Undergraduate applications at the point that one of your offers become Unconditional Firm/Guaranteed Unconditional. Usually this is in August but it might be earlier than this if any of your choices decide that they want to accept you without waiting for A level results in August. So if your preferred university offer is unconditional then you'll need to delay picking your firm/insurance choices on UCAS Undergraduate Track until you're sure about what you want to do with your UCAS Conservatoire offers.
1
reply
catalina7788
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
#4
Thank you both for your replies. They've been very helpful and answered my questions perfectly! 😊
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads

View All