The Student Room Group

essay that i am struggling with

hello, i am 3rd year uni student and struggling with this essay question. i am originally from Latvia but speak fluent English and cant seem to wrap my brain around the title, ive seeked lecturer help which wasnt helpful at all. this is the title
"Considering organisational psychodynamics, evaluate, from critical perspectives, the efficacy of staged process-based approaches to managing change"
please help and give any advice you can, much appreciated
Original post by Saamixx
hello, i am 3rd year uni student and struggling with this essay question. i am originally from Latvia but speak fluent English and cant seem to wrap my brain around the title, ive seeked lecturer help which wasnt helpful at all. this is the title
"Considering organisational psychodynamics, evaluate, from critical perspectives, the efficacy of staged process-based approaches to managing change"
please help and give any advice you can, much appreciated

I can only give general advice since I loathe management theory with a vengence, especially organisational behaviour.

I would interpret the statement regarding staged proceed based approaches to managing change as the main issue, and you are supposed to evaluate how well the approaches meet the goals for change considering organisational psychodynamics, which I can guess is the fancy way of saying how organisations behave. You are supposed to use critical thinking in your evaluation (which is also recommended considering that's what you need to get first class marks).
Technically, the questions were supposed to be written in a way that is supposed to be clear and give you enough research and material to discuss the topic in detail. The lecturer has horrible English by the way, and it's an overly complicated way of saying something simple and not very like most management professors.

I would presume you would have covered staged process based approaches for managing changes, and the lengthy theoretical discussions on organisational behaviour in your lectures at least, if not you would have seen the material mentioned in your unit outline. They would be the places I'd start looking into.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
I can only give general advice since I loathe management theory with a vengence, especially organisational behaviour.

I would interpret the statement regarding staged proceed based approaches to managing change as the main issue, and you are supposed to evaluate how well the approaches meet the goals for change considering organisational psychodynamics, which I can guess is the fancy way of saying how organisations behave. You are supposed to use critical thinking in your evaluation (which is also recommended considering that's what you need to get first class marks).
Technically, the questions were supposed to be written in a way that is supposed to be clear and give you enough research and material to discuss the topic in detail. The lecturer has horrible English by the way, and it's an overly complicated way of saying something simple and not very like most management professors.

I would presume you would have covered staged process based approaches for managing changes, and the lengthy theoretical discussions on organisational behaviour in your lectures at least, if not you would have seen the material mentioned in your unit outline. They would be the places I'd start looking into.

Thank you so very much for replying, and going in depth. The brief only gives me the title and nothing else to go off of so I am quite a bit stuck, also hard to find information on it all.
Also made me laugh about the fact that you think my lecturer has bad English, hes quite an arrogant lecturer and sometimes rambles on about nothing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending