wonder girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by cchloepx)
You can choose basically anything if you have a good idea for the layout of the dissertation / what things you'll look at. There's a list from the Shetland Library I think that has a good list of books based on theme which is good. Mine wasn't on there, though. I'm doing 'Tell my Horse' by Zora Neale Hurston, but one of her other books 'Their Eyes were Watching God' was on the list.
Oh okay. I like how u get the freedom to decide.
Ototot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could ask your school about going to a different school to do advanced modern studies. I’m doing it this year and really enjoying it, it is quite a step up from higher but if you get a good teacher it’s super interesting and so is the dissertation! Also unis don’t really care about advanced Highers so I’d recommend doing 1 like English as you said maybe not maths as it’s not related to the course you want to do. I do history as well but that’s just because I like the subject. So instead of doing 2 or 3 advanced Highers it’s probably better to do more Highers as they are actually needed for entry requirements. Idk if that makes any sense lol
Last edited by Ototot; 1 month ago
wonder girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ototot)
You could ask your school about going to a different school to do advanced modern studies. I’m doing it this year and really enjoying it, it is quite a step up from higher but if you get a good teacher it’s super interesting and so is the dissertation! Also unis don’t really care about advanced Highers so I’d recommend doing 1 like English as you said maybe not maths as it’s not related to the course you want to do. I do history as well but that’s just because I like the subject. So instead of doing 2 or 3 advanced Highers it’s probably better to do more Highers as they are actually needed for entry requirements. Idk if that makes any sense lol
No yeah that does. I would like to take advanded modern studies however I would propbably have to take it where I do history and I actually think I would really enjoy it. Yeah I'm still cotemplating the maths one, it's just that the way my timetable works out theres nothing else I can really take and I would rather at least try it than only take 3 subjects next year.

Thank you for your help!
MattD678
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anybody else not understanding biology ?
mspratt1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Higher politics would be useful and AhH modern studies also maybe a language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (25)
14.04%
Virtual campus tours/open days (40)
22.47%
Live streaming events (16)
8.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
10.11%
A uni comparison tool (41)
23.03%
An in-person event when available (38)
21.35%