The Student Room Group

Working in my bedroom

Hiya all,
I'm coming into a small conflict with my parents over where I work. At the moment, I work downstairs. Its often noisy and there are people coming in and out, and I sometimes struggle to concentrate and get the privacy and peace I need to get my work done.
I'd love to be able to work in my bedroom, but my parents seem to have no trust for me and don't want me having my laptop upstairs with me, which I usually use for my work.

I don't really know what to do to be honest, because I can't work upstairs, even though its affecting my study.

Cheers!
Bump
Reply 2
Hi,

I would, for now, purchase earphones to block out noise when downstairs. I’d make the most out of working upstairs as and when your parents go to work or go out. I’d also try to explain your situation to your parents and have a constructive conversation e.g explain how it would benefit you, and if there is any negotiation such as allowing 1-2 hours each evening and bringing the laptop downstairs after each upstairs use
have you talked to your parents about this? seems a bit unreasonable to not let you have your laptop in your room if you need it to study. explain to them you can't focus downstairs and if they're still insistent on you working downstairs then say they've gotta find you a quiet space to work in otherwise you'll just be unproductive.
Reply 4
Have they given you a specific reason why they dont trust you with your laptop upstairs?

Quick Reply

Latest