Mountain Biking Society? Watch

connymb
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone going to york into their biking - cross country, freeride, downhill, dirt, etc?
sbkynetik
Report 10 years ago
Hello!

But I don't have a bike now
JJBmk2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by connymb)
Anyone going to york into their biking - cross country, freeride, downhill, dirt, etc?
I'm into it, dirt and road mainly, normally lots of little tracks round the pennines or just go for a long ride on the roads. What do you ride?
Rowley2k8
Report 10 years ago
Yeah me too my bike is pretty wrecked atm so not been out in ages, hopefully can get a cheap one in york lol.
connymb
I do dirt. I've got a Kona Shred with some seriously haggard forks and brakes and I want to get an e.13 chain guard but I was thinking of taking the bike to York with me...so I rather not spend £700 on gear (which could easily get jacked) and just mess about on it there as it is.
I've only been doing it for a year but I started working at Evans cycles as a summer job and recently went to Chicksands so im getting more and more into it.
I noticed York doesn’t have a biking club and as a fresher I wont really be in a position to set one up, but if I get the chance it would be cool to organise trips or events etc if there are enough people up for it...
Balth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by connymb)
I noticed York doesn’t have a biking club
Yes they do: http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~socs224/

Thought of joining myself, but it's too expensive. Can't afford a new bike and whatnot.
connymb
Hmmm...i dont have a cross country bike and i cant afford a new one...maybe they want to branch out into dirt
I'll be happy as long as i find some place with doubles or a tabletop...possibly theres a bmx track in York
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (957)
79.82%
Leave (242)
20.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed