scr26
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Does anyone know if we apply for student finance for this course under the undergraduate 'MSc Speech and Language Therapy pre-registration' listing?
hns21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, where is your application for and where are you coming from? I am an Irish student applying to QMU and I'm wondering the same thing.
scr26
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by hns21)
Hi, where is your application for and where are you coming from? I am an Irish student applying to QMU and I'm wondering the same thing.
Hiya, I’m applying to City and Reading! I’m from London :-)
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by scr26)
Does anyone know if we apply for student finance for this course under the undergraduate 'MSc Speech and Language Therapy pre-registration' listing?
Are you sure the course is undergraduate? Usually MSc courses are postgraduate (unless they specify integrated MSc).
scr26
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Are you sure the course is undergraduate? Usually MSc courses are postgraduate (unless they specify integrated MSc).
I believe it's because it's a healthcare course and not a typical masters lasting only 1 year... it's a 2 year course (if i pass lol)
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by scr26)
I believe it's because it's a healthcare course and not a typical masters lasting only 1 year... it's a 2 year course (if i pass lol)
Can you link me to the course page? The advice I can give depends on the exact course really. As I say, MSc courses are usually for those studying SLT after completing a first degree.
scr26
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Can you link me to the course page? The advice I can give depends on the exact course really. As I say, MSc courses are usually for those studying SLT after completing a first degree.
https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-s...e-therapy.aspx

https://www.city.ac.uk/study/courses...nguage-therapy

I am trying to apply to these courses above ^
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I was correct, both courses are postgraduate level and require you to have a previous degree in order to apply. You will need to check with Student Finance, as you are definitely entitled to the postgraduate loan, but may be entitled to another round of undergraduate-style funding due to it being a healthcare course.
sammy.tatter
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hello all,
I’m hoping to apply for the Speech and language masters course for 2022 as I suffer from dysphagia and would like to help children who also have this.

I’m currently working full time in admin and want to save some money and improve my confidence before I head back into education.

I did an undergraduate degree in BSc Human nutrition & graduated in 2019 with a 2.1

I’m thinking to apply to UCL and City, but I’m not sure if any other London universities also provide a masters in the course?

Can anyone let me know what sort of work experience I need for the course?

Here an outline of some experience I have from my undergraduate:

Worked in a clinical feeding unit in a children’s hospital for more than a year, (making feeds for children who are chronically ill & some cannot swallow solid foods)

Worked in an adult hospital for 3 months to sort out allergens matrix and sorted recipes for adults on special diets.

Work experience in a primary school for a week as a teaching assistant.

I plan to shadow a speech and language therapist for a day

And to also gain a week of work experience in a special needs school (hopefully when schools open again).

Can anyone recommend how I can make application stand out for the future and if I need any more experience?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads