Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont know why but i just cant study continuously for more than 10 minutes at a time - i end up either day dreaming - or just give up. i am a 1st yr a-level student and i am finding it hard to study as i just spend way too long on work that should not be. i had the exact same problem with GCSEs but not as bad - i i ended up only studying right before the exams and i done ok, but i know that will not work for AS

ReputationRep:
    Find better ways of studying for yourself, don't sit looking at books, do mind maps, put some classical music on or something while working (music helps, but only if it's non lyrical and relaxed). make audio tapes, walk across a room repeating things to yourself over and over.

all these are classic study tips

ReputationRep:
    with music that slows me down a lot more- and i aint really a classical music listener - got any artists to recommend

ReputationRep:
    massive attack i guess.

trust me i aint a classical listener either, waking up to xfm every morning doesnt encourage it.

but i still nabbed a beethoven album of me dad, and it helps by the bucket.

you have to find your own ways to learn, people work in different ways.

oh and as you said in the other forum, don't stop exercising during exam season.
    use it as an excuse to do some cardio fitness. do an hours revision or so, and then go out for a 10-20 minute jog, refreshes and resets the mind so your good to go again.

sister had a mate who worked so hard, she was going for half hour runs at 2am

crazy people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshifumu)
    massive attack i guess.

trust me i aint a classical listener either, waking up to xfm every morning doesnt encourage it.

but i still nabbed a beethoven album of me dad, and it helps by the bucket.

you have to find your own ways to learn, people work in different ways.

oh and as you said in the other forum, don't stop exercising during exam season.
    use it as an excuse to do some cardio fitness. do an hours revision or so, and then go out for a 10-20 minute jog, refreshes and resets the mind so your good to go again.

sister had a mate who worked so hard, she was going for half hour runs at 2am

crazy people.
    lol - thanks a lot for the help i will try classical music then beethoven it is

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if it doesn't work worth the effort though eh!!!

ReputationRep:
    I fully understand how you feel, i lack concentration (literally all the time)
    But the best advice i can give you is to find ways in motivating yourself.
    Its no good staring at a text book and not take anything in, you need to be more pro-active. take breaks in between study..make a time table.
    Trust me, it may seem like hard work now..but it will all pay off!
    I promise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slevien1)
    I fully understand how you feel, i lack concentration (literally all the time)
    But the best advice i can give you is to find ways in motivating yourself.
    Its no good staring at a text book and not take anything in, you need to be more pro-active. take breaks in between study..make a time table.
    Trust me, it may seem like hard work now..but it will all pay off!
    I promise
    its tru but what happens is that when i do take breaks it i spend way too long and then i find it even more difficult to get back to work

ReputationRep:
    You've just got to be strict to yourself.
    Say like 10/15 minutes breaks in between study!
    Seriously, i messed up my GCSE's and no way am i going to again! you're just going to have to think.. when you have got your degree, think yes im going to be rich and have everything i want in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slevien1)
    You've just got to be strict to yourself.
    Say like 10/15 minutes breaks in between study!
    Seriously, i messed up my GCSE's and no way am i going to again! you're just going to have to think.. when you have got your degree, think yes im going to be rich and have everything i want in life
    thanks for the motivation - btw what did you get in your GCSEs if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    i got 2a's, 7b's and 2c's
    When i was predicted a's across the board
    work hard and play hard..thats what i say heeh

ReputationRep:
    Try having a time management plan try this:

# Develop blocks of study time, About 50 minutes? How long does it take for you to become restless? Some learners need more frequent breaks for a variety of reasons
    # More difficult material may also require more frequent breaks Schedule weekly reviews and updates
    # Prioritize assignments
    # Develop alternative study places free from distractions to maximize concentration
    # Use your time wisely,Think of times when you can study "bits" as when walking, riding the bus, etc.
    # Review studies and readings just before class
    # Review lecture material immediately after class
    # Schedule time for critical course events Papers, presentations, tests, et

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.