HepatitisB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi there, I have had this debate with many people in my year about wether sociology should be 1) considered a science and 2) wether it is a difficult subject when compared to science and humanities. I am on the sceptical side of sociology being a worth while subject at GCSE or A-level. I was wondering if I could get some other peoples opinions on it. Thank you!
\^_^/
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
that's really interesting never reallly thought about it as a science
but im doing it for a level and it's definatly worth while
HepatitisB
Rep:
?
(Original post by ^_^/)
that's really interesting never reallly thought about it as a science
but im doing it for a level and it's definatly worth while
Would you consider it to be a perticually difficult subject as someone who does it?
( and thanks for the reply )
\^_^/
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by HepatitisB)
Would you consider it to be a perticually difficult subject as someone who does it?
np
i don't think of i as very hard but there is a lot of writingand sociologist to remember you need to do so i do aqa you have up to 30 marker
but i enjoy it very much
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
do it
NoMercy21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I also take the subject as an A Level and yes it is particularly difficult but it solely depends on you as an individual. It is a respected essay subject, and is quite similar in nature to subjects like Psychology, History and Politics in regards to essay structure. It’s a very very interesting subject and I would highly recommend it to anyone. And yes it is as difficult as a “Science and Humanities” since it is considered a humanities itself
HepatitisB
Rep:
?
(Original post by ^_^/)
np
i don't think of i as very hard but there is a lot of writingand sociologist to remember you need to do so i do aqa you have up to 30 marker
but i enjoy it very much
ok, that sounds pretty fair. Its good to hear the opinion from an a-level student doing it. Im currently in year 11 and theres people in my classes that keep telling me how its very difficult and what not, so I just wanted to get some other peoples opion on the matter. Im not syaing that its easy, just not as hard as thier making out. Thank you!!!!
\^_^/
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ok, that sounds pretty fair. Its good to hear the opinion from an a-level student doing it. Im currently in year 11 and theres people in my classes that keep telling me how its very difficult and what not, so I just wanted to get some other peoples opion on the matter. Im not syaing that its easy, just not as hard as thier making out. Thank you!!!!
well its the easiest out of the subjects i'm doing
NoMercy21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Nice I’m on the same exam board 😁 are you also doing Crime and Deviance and Media
HepatitisB
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
do it
Im not choosing my GCSE's or A-levels, I was just wondering your opinion on it since ive never learnt the subject. Why would you say its worth it?
\^_^/
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by NoMercy21)
Nice I’m on the same exam board 😁 are you also doing Crime and Deviance and Media
im doing that next yr
so far im on education and family
NoMercy21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ^_^/)
im doing that next yr
so far im on education and family
O nice I did the exact same topics last year
jackson222
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
1. whether it is a science is a huge debate which comes up as a large chunk in the a level, personally i’m on the fence but it’s very interesting.

2. yes, definitely a worthwhile subject. teaches you things that other subjects can’t
\^_^/
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
O nice I did the exact same topics last year
are you in yr 13
NoMercy21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ^_^/)
are you in yr 13
Yes 😁
HepatitisB
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackson222)
1. whether it is a science is a huge debate which comes up as a large chunk in the a level, personally i’m on the fence but it’s very interesting.

2. yes, definitely a worthwhile subject. teaches you things that other subjects can’t
Thats fair then, do you study it at GCSE or A-level out of unterest?
( and thanks for the reply)
r7kytt
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Easiest A* you’ll probably get apparently
account28723
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Sociology is absolutely not a science and any anybody who tells you otherwise is straight-up lying.
\^_^/
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes 😁
cool :borat:
jackson222
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thats fair then, do you study it at GCSE or A-level out of unterest?
( and thanks for the reply)
A level! and no problem, I think people look over it but it is really such a valuable subject not just for the qualification but for life imo, Im so much more informed of things than I would have been if I didn’t study it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (199)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.69%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (96)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed