The Student Room Group

Department of Work and Pension (DWP) EO role

Hi guys! hope everyone is great. I recently got an Interview invitation for the role of the DWP EO role. I haven't given interviews lately, to be honest.
I am a bit confused with a

few questions.
1) Do we have to answer all the six question using STAR methods? or is it just the behavioural.
2) Any idea on how to prepare for it.

Thank you
Original post by MBaloch
Hi guys! hope everyone is great. I recently got an Interview invitation for the role of the DWP EO role. I haven't given interviews lately, to be honest.
I am a bit confused with a

few questions.
1) Do we have to answer all the six question using STAR methods? or is it just the behavioural.
2) Any idea on how to prepare for it.

Thank you

Hi, there will be 3 x behavioural Q's and 3 x Strength Q's, so 2 each on the 3 subjects stated in vacancy. EG 1 strength/1 behavioural for 'Managing a Quality Service' etc. STAR method for behaviours with an example of when you did that thing, follow the descriptors in the CS Success Profiles Behaviours descriptors for EO/Level 2. Strengths re shorter, more 'gut reaction' so you can't prepare an example but usually they want a quick agree/disagree type answer and throw in a mini-example. Example-'How do you feel when someone hasn't understood something you have explained?' Give your answer and include something like '....and this happened recently when I was doing xx so I xxxxx '
Reply 2
Thanks alot, Sharon for the help! just had my interview it was pretty easy but didn't went well due to anxiety so will wait and see.
Hey, I have an interview for an EO position on Monday.
It says six questions, so do I need 6 different examples for the behaviours? (2 examples for each behaviour) Any help would be great thanks!
Hi, yes you need 2 examples for each Behaviour

Have a look here for question exampes

https://careerbuildingjobs.com/civil-service-interview-questions-and-example-answers/
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Zara Pratt
Hey, I have an interview for an EO position on Monday.
It says six questions, so do I need 6 different examples for the behaviours? (2 examples for each behaviour) Any help would be great thanks!

If there are 3 behaviours stated on the advert, you will have to provide 1 example per behaviour covering the STAR format and Level 2 of the Behaviours. The other 3 questions will be based on a strength for each behaviour. You can read more about this on the Success Profiles page on Gov.UK. It’s best to prepare 2 examples for each behaviour question in case one isn’t suitable, however when you are answering your question, focus on only one of the examples and ensure you explain it well covering the Level 2 of the Behaviours.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aysha98x
If there are 3 behaviours stated on the advert, you will have to provide 1 example per behaviour covering the STAR format and Level 2 of the Behaviours. The other 3 questions will be based on a strength for each behaviour. You can read more about this on the Success Profiles page on Gov.UK. It’s best to prepare 2 examples for each behaviour question in case one isn’t suitable, however when you are answering your question, focus on only one of the examples and ensure you explain it well covering the Level 2 of the Behaviours.

If this is for the current round of DWP EO vacancies, the interviews are all recorded, not real interviewer and they are doing 6 Behaviours, no Strengths. I have the advert as supporting someone I know with her application and doing her a Mock Interview next week
Original post by SharonMoxon
If this is for the current round of DWP EO vacancies, the interviews are all recorded, not real interviewer and they are doing 6 Behaviours, no Strengths. I have the advert as supporting someone I know with her application and doing her a Mock Interview next week

6 behaviours really? I wouldn’t expect even a G7 role to entail 6 behaviours. I’ve done the pre-recorded interview myself 2 years ago and it was 3x behaviours and 3x strengths. A couple of weeks ago someone I knew did a pre-recorded interview for the same roles and they were only asked 3x behaviour questions, no strengths either. Could it possibly be a written mistake in the advert?
Original post by Aysha98x
6 behaviours really? I wouldn’t expect even a G7 role to entail 6 behaviours. I’ve done the pre-recorded interview myself 2 years ago and it was 3x behaviours and 3x strengths. A couple of weeks ago someone I knew did a pre-recorded interview for the same roles and they were only asked 3x behaviour questions, no strengths either. Could it possibly be a written mistake in the advert?

Screenshot from the advert attached below
Original post by SharonMoxon
Screenshot from the advert attached below

I highly doubt they mean 6 behaviour STAR format examples. They may mean 3 behaviour related strength questions and 3 behaviour STAR format questions. I’ve done multiple interviews for DWP and know some interviewers who have never asked 2 STAR format behaviour questions per behaviour. Seems unreasonable for an EO Grade. Do you know anyone who’s done the interview?
(edited 1 year ago)
Vacancy holder choice. My s/son had 6 when he successfully interviewed for EO WC at end of 2020

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending