I don't understand how to write an evaltuation in A-level economcis essay questions

Watch
abcd0613
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Question: Discuss, with the use of examples, the extent to which a supermarket could make use of the concept of YED in relation to the different types of goods being sold when there was an increase in consumer surplus.

How can I make an evaluation here?

The mark scheme simply says 'assessing the extent to which a supermarket could make use of the concept of YED in relation to different types of goods being sold where there was an increase in consumer incomes.'

Also, is 'if there is an increase in consumer incomes, a supermarket is likely to stock more normal goods and fewer inferior goods' evaluation or analysis?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello

This is I would start off. Assuming that you have listed all the pros and cons of the various options this is a template to use. You could again talk about the goods that are made and why for starters. Assess carefully the logistics of selling and explain the extent as well. I hope that this is useful. Make at least two single points here and expand in them for more detail. Give some real life examples too. Explain the benefits of doing so for the supermarket and describe. Good luck. Also you could aim to elaborate in more detail on whichever examples you are using briefly as well. Identify patterns and trends in the data used in addition.
abcd0613
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tinygirl96)
Hello

This is I would start off. Assuming that you have listed all the pros and cons of the various options this is a template to use. You could again talk about the goods that are made and why for starters. Assess carefully the logistics of selling and explain the extent as well. I hope that this is useful. Make at least two single points here and expand in them for more detail. Give some real life examples too. Explain the benefits of doing so for the supermarket and describe. Good luck. Also you could aim to elaborate in more detail on whichever examples you are using briefly as well. Identify patterns and trends in the data used in addition.
Thanks! I helped me a lot! (Sorry, I forgot reply). I got an A! Thank you
Last edited by abcd0613; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (1)
4.17%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (5)
20.83%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
12.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
12.5%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
37.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
12.5%

Watched Threads