realist2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I received a conditional offer for MPhil Development Studies on December 12 for the program commencing in October 2021. Looking forward to connecting with people who intend on applying or have already been accepted to the program.
Last edited by realist2020; 7 months ago
dilly9
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Congratulations!!!! That's amazing. When did you apply?
realist2020
Rep:
?
I applied on 22nd November. I was not expecting the decision this early but very happy about the proceedings.
dilly9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by realist2020)
I applied on 22nd November. I was not expecting the decision this early but very happy about the proceedings.
Wow. That is really quick. Must've been a great application. How did you find writing the personal statement given the tight character limit?
realist2020
Rep:
?
I connected the personal statement with the career goal statement and the optional statement. These three statements gave a complete picture of the necessity of this course at this point in my career for the attainment of future career goals.
capital_21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi! Congratulations on receiving your offer! I'm currently getting my application together and just realised there was an "other information" section. Did you draw upon more personal details in this part? My personal statement talked more about the academic side, including research interests etc.
realist2020
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Yes, I did. I reflected on my inspiration to pursue a development professional pathway. I used this space to reflect on my history than future goals. Best of luck to your application.
OX2102
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Spoiler:
Show
University:
grade:
DevEd_2021
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Did anyone get the scholarship/funding decisions yet?
bumblebee75
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone ! I'm going to be studying Cambridge's MPhil in Development Studies starting this October too !! I applied early September and got the offer mid-November. No news from any scholarships yet, but during a WeBiner the people from the Postgraduate Office were saying that we should expect to hear from them in July at the latest.
100myeah
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys! I'll be starting the Dev Studies program in October as well! Applied in October and got an offer in November. Please DM me if anyone has any information about prospective groups on social media for peer support. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
14.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
32.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (75)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads