Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just had a message from an account which looks completely legit (friends, old posts, tagged in pics etc) saying I’m on a baitout page and I need to report it ??? What does that mean and how do I find it ?? They aren’t replying now, is it possible it’s a scam ??
AzureWiggling
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah it's a scam don't follow any links they give you
username5507592
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A bait out page is where they post pics/videos of people without consent. But this definitely sounds like a scam
Anonymous #1
Wtf she’s started replying saying it’s real. I’m so scared. I’ve never sent a nude before but maybe it’s something else. What if I’ve been filmed during sex or something 😭😭
Anonymous #1
I could actually cry. Terrified
Anonymous #1
Has anyone ever had this before ????
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone ever had this before ????
No. Just report it. If you haven't sent a nude you're fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
No. Just report it. If you haven't sent a nude you're fine
What if they’ve got into my iCloud or something tho
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What if they’ve got into my iCloud or something tho
Do you have stuff on iCloud? And how would someone on TSR get ahold of your iCloud?
Did you click a weird link? If you didn't you're fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Do you have stuff on iCloud? And how would someone on TSR get ahold of your iCloud?
Did you click a weird link? If you didn't you're fine
It’s not on TSR it’s on Instagram. The person is 100% a real person and I even know they’re British because they’re putting x at the end of their messages. And I deff have pictures on iCloud I wouldn’t want getting out which I know is dumb but not much I can do to change it now
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s not on TSR it’s on Instagram. The person is 100% a real person and I even know they’re British because they’re putting x at the end of their messages. And I deff have pictures on iCloud I wouldn’t want getting out which I know is dumb but not much I can do to change it now
My bad
Did you click on something weird? If you didn't then they don't have anything on you.
Report the account, thats the most you can do at this point.
username5507592
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Look through their followers - are they real people or do they look more look bots? How many followers do they have?
Also, what exacting are they asking you to do in the message? If they have sent a dodgy link, don't open it but ask for the name of the bait out account. Don't tell them you are pancaking and worried as if they are scamming, they can use this to their advantage. You haven't done anything wrong so don't panic.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Student786198)
Look through their followers - are they real people or do they look more look bots? How many followers do they have?
Also, what exacting are they asking you to do in the message? If they have sent a dodgy link, don't open it but ask for the name of the bait out account. Don't tell them you are pancaking and worried as if they are scamming, they can use this to their advantage. You haven't done anything wrong so don't panic.
They’re 100% a legit account, all real followers , average amount, lots of likes, old pictures etc and they haven’t sent any link or asked me to do anything
mstickbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
is the baitout page on instagram too, if it is then ask what it's called or see if they're following it? :/
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mstickbug)
is the baitout page on instagram too, if it is then ask what it's called or see if they're following it? :/
I asked but they’ve not replied
username5507592
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They’re 100% a legit account, all real followers , average amount, lots of likes, old pictures etc and they haven’t sent any link or asked me to do anything
It sounds like they are lying then because they haven't shown you any proof. Probably just a windup; block them and don't worry or stress
Anonymous #1
Okay, as The u

(Original post by Student786198)
It sounds like they are lying then because they haven't shown you any proof. Probably just a windup; block them and don't worry or stress
Idkkk why it would be a wind up tho. I don’t know them at all or anyone they know
Lilymcguigan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I’ve just had the exact same message and literally freaked out I’m so paranoid now!! Her account is deffo a real account but she hasn’t posted any new posts since 2019 so I think she’s been hacked! I’m still freaking out tho. Her first message said ‘Hey ermmm just letting you know that you’re on that bait out page on snap, report it xx’
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lilymcguigan)
Hi I’ve just had the exact same message and literally freaked out I’m so paranoid now!! Her account is deffo a real account but she hasn’t posted any new posts since 2019 so I think she’s been hacked! I’m still freaking out tho. Her first message said ‘Hey ermmm just letting you know that you’re on that bait out page on snap, report it xx’
I ended up finding out it was a scam bc I found the girl on fb and she said her ig was hacked so don’t worry it’s fake ❤️
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I ended up finding out it was a scam bc I found the girl on fb and she said her ig was hacked so don’t worry it’s fake ❤️
That's good, in future bear that people making bold claims to you online about what is in their possession are almost always ********ting, trying to get you to part with money or your personal information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%